labor question

beauty

Hi. Just wondering if any of you had cramps a few weeks before having the baby. I have been having some lately that feel like period cramps. This is my first so i'm just kinda wondering what to expect the last few weeks. Thanks.

It as been a while since I had my little girl.(6 years)But my friend just had her baby yesterday afternoon and she always had a little bit of light cramping.She often said to me...there is a little bit of something going on, I feel like if I went to the bathroom I would start my period.I am sure that it is just your bodies way of getting you ready for some bigger cramps...
Best of luck,
Lori

My dr. told me that when I was in true labor I would feel the contractions radiate through my entire abdominal area. That NEVER happened to me! The day before I delivered I began having "menstral-like" cramps which I thought were Braxton-Hicks. It was 5 days before my due date so I didn't think much of it. That night they became worse and I didn't call the dr. because of what he said. My water broke and I realized that I was in true labor. We got to the hospital and I was already at 5 cm. and the nurse said that the head was "right down there". Four hours later, my son was born!

Just thought I'd share...

Good luck and best wishes! :)
Wendy

Hi Beauty,

I have been having some cramps too, not everyday but just once in a while. this is my first as well, so let me know how it goes with you!! I am not sure if this means anything or not either, I am going to ask my dr. on Wednesday when I go.
How many weeks do you have now? I have 4 to go.

Lisa

The cramps are probably more likely to be Braxton Hicks practice contractions. My Midwife told me that you can sleep through practice contractions, but you can't through labour contractions. And it is very true !

Anna

Hi. I have about 3 1/2 weeks to go. Let us know what your dr. says about cramping.Mine said it was probly just BH.Mine have been getting so much more intense tho. Maybe I'll go early.

Yes!!!

Many women describe early labor as being just like menstrual cramps! :)

Sounds like your body is getting ready for the big moment!
Keep us informed!
Susan

RE: Yes!!!

Yes, I have 3 kids and with all of them about a week ahead the painless braxton hicks turned into what felt like painful menstral cramps. With my first 2, my water broke about a week after the cramps started then they were born 4-5 hours later. With my third, my Dr. ended up inducing since I was past my due date.

Good luck, I wish you a speedy delivery!! Babies are soooo wonderful :)

HI Beauty,

Went to the doctor yesterday and she said that the cramps are normal and that they are thinning us out to get ready for the baby - I guess I am way thin and the baby is at 0 station, meaning his head is all the way down and ready to go. She informed me that I will probably go within the next two weeks.
Its exciting and scary!!! Will let you know when it happens!!
How about you? having lots of cramps still? It probably means you will be going soon too! Best of luck!

Lisa

Hey. My cramps are still around, just not has intense has before. I wish they were,I am so ready to have this baby. My edd is 2 weeks from today. I am hoping I don't go over.It is exiciting and scary. I don't know exactly what to expect. I hope the best for you!

HA! Right after I posted this message my cramps really picked up.They were very intense yesterday.Today not has bad,but I think the baby has dropped down.So i have been a little more comfortable.I think its getting closer to the big day!Can't wait!!

Thats great! I bet it won't be long for you now!! let me know when the big day happens and what to expect! Who knows maybe we will go on the same day!!!
Best of Luck!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.