Just checking in...

AmandaV

Well, for the past week I have been on bed rest, as per my OB's request, in an attempt to keep my blood pressure down. When I'm lying down it's near (what is considered) normal range, but when I'm up and moving around it gets pretty high. I called my doc early last week and went to see her earlier than my Friday appointment. In her office my bp was 160/102!! She sent me directly to the hospital for bloodwork (which came out fine) and a non-stress test for the baby (she's fine too). I also did a 24 hr urine which I assume turned up nothing because I didn't hear anything from my OB...

So now I'm home on bed rest, monitoring my pressure a few times a day as well as peeing on sticks to check for protein in my urine (just trace amounts so far). I'm reading everything a possibly can about the signs and symptoms of PIH (preeclampsia), just so that I know in case anything more happens.

I hope I'm still able to have the kind of birth I planned for even if I have to be induced, and even though I probably won't be able to exercise from this point out, I hope everything that I was doing up until a week ago will be of benefit to the labor and birth, and especially the health of little Carol...

Has anyone else here ever had to deal with preeclampsia? I would be greatful if you would share your story with me...

Thanks

AmandaVL

I haven't, but I wanted to send you a little note anyway...

How far along are you? I hope that you aren't going too nuts lying around -- it's all for a good cause!

You know that every bit of exercise you did thus far was a very good thing -- but now you just sit back, relax, and gestate :)

Take care of you!
Susan

Hi Susan!

Thanks for your response...

I'm almost at 36 weeks, which is a good thing. I'm glad this problem didn't arise earlier, but at this point the baby would be just fine on the outside if she needs to come out early. My due date is April 23...

I am going a little nuts lying around - and to top it all off I now have insomnia! hahaha!

I'm gonna try and get to sleep now - we'll see if it happens...

Take Care,

AmandaVL

Amanda,
I'm sorry to hear this, but it sounds like you have a good attitude. Keep focused on the final outcome: a healthy baby, a healthy mom, and all those workouts you'll be trying to squeeze in, once your little girl is born!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.