Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Fit Moms Pregnancy and Postpartum

Fit Moms Pregnancy and Postpartum We hope this forum will help you stay fit during your pregnancy

It's June! Time for a new thread!

This is a discussion on It's June! Time for a new thread! within the Fit Moms Pregnancy and Postpartum forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Hello mama's- How is everyone doing? I had my 20w ultrasound the other day and I'm having a boy! We ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 11:20 PM
Cathlete

Default It's June! Time for a new thread!

Hello mama's-

How is everyone doing?

I had my 20w ultrasound the other day and I'm having a boy! We are so excited. Would have been either way of course but now it's seems so much more real

I have been feeling him move around too! So cool! My husband felt him the other day too. I can't wait to feel a big ol kick!

We registered at Target the other day. That was fun but slightly overwhelming. We just registered for the basics. I have to do some more research on the big items like strollers and such. I would love any ideas from current mamas

Talk to ya soon

Marie
Old 06-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Catheite

So sorry I haven't replied to this sooner, we've been running around like crazy and I barely have time to think. Once Kindergarten was out for my son the next week was packed with finales at swim and gymnastics and then the kids were with the grandparents for a week so we could get new flooring (the entire upstairs plus the guest bedroom in the basement). I was so tired of moving furniture and appliances and so ready to have my home back. On top of all of that it's fiscal year end at work so I have a lot of stuff to do - nonstop- and I'm ready for a break.

On the baby front I'm feeling tons of movement now and we had our ultrasound yesterday, it was a 24 week ultrasound since I'm a big behind. Baby looked great and was on the move most of the time though it was not happy about the wand being near it's face. I still feel great and have had energy so I need to stay focused at night and get my exercise in rather than get distracted by little projects.

Marie - Registering is so fun and I think one of my favorite little things I got was a travel changing pad to put in the diaper bag. It was necessary when seeing the disgusting changing tables in bathrooms or when I had to change them on the floor because there wasn't a changing table. I also liked to wear my kids and enjoyed my sling a lot. So glad you're feeling the baby and I'm sure you've gotten a big kick by now.

Cindy
Old 06-24-2012, 11:03 PM
Cathlete

Hye Cindy!

Good to hear from you and glad you're doing so well. Sounds like you are crazy busy though.

Good idea on the changing mat. I'll have to register for one of those.

Sounds like baby is doing great Do you know what you're having? I'm 6 months now and have felt the big kick. It's so fun! I can't believe how fast it's going. 3 months and the little man will be here.

Talk to ya soon-
Marie
Old 06-25-2012, 01:40 PM

I am down to my last 4 weeks with our 7th child. I can't believe how fast it has gone!

I have exercised the whole time but stopped doing most of my Cathe workouts during the third trimester. I am sure looking forward to getting back to them.

I haven't even tried out the low impact series yet because they came while I was pregnant. I can't wait to do them.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Catheite

Marie - We're keeping the sex a surprise so we have no idea. The kids call it a boy and aren't very excited that we didn't find out but they'll adjust I love all the kicks and moves, it's so fun.

faith4us - Wow 7 kids that is a handful & a blessing I found having a second wasn't as hard as I expected and I'm hoping the same happens with our third. I'm a little nervous about adjusting back into diapers and feedings but I think all will be well.

We had a nice busy weekend, had a birthday party to go to, went to the water park a couple times, took a 2 hour hike (my legs are feeling it), and have been enjoying lots of fresh fruit. This week I turn 33 on Thursday and DH and I are getting away to see a Wilco concert then we'll have a few of my friends over on Friday night to celebrate with cake. Saturday morning is our neighborhood garage sale and I hope to offload some stuff then we're going camping. Sunday my boy turns 6 so we plan to stop off at a local hot spring to swim/soak on our way home from camping and then he is getting his requested birthday dinner of mac & cheese and hotdogs (bleh!). A couple more weeks of busy-busy and things should start to slow down

Cindy
Old 06-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Cathlete

Cindy- That's awesome that you're keeping it a surprise. I wish I could do that! I was way too excited to find out though. Happy Birthday tomorrow! We are the same age I just turned 33 on June 7th. Speaking of kicks and moves I am feeling some right now and loving it

Tracy- Congrats on your soon-to-be 7th child! How wonderful! Have fun with LIS when you get a chance to do them. Im obsessed....those are mostly what I do right now. The Imaxes, CCC, and some others are way too hard.

Speaking of hard workouts...do you ladies order the new workouts?! I did and can't wait to get them although I think I'll be waiting til after baby boy is born to attempt those. The clips look intense!!! Gotta love Cathe!

Marie
Old 06-29-2012, 09:36 AM

Cindy, I am sure it will go just fine for you. And you will quickly adjust to the routine!!

Marie, I didn't end up doing as much Cathe this time as I had planned. I made it about half way and then had to take it down a notch. Each pregnancy is different but I miss Cathe and can't wait to get back to my workouts with her.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Catheite

Well things have started to settle down a bit for me and I have then realized that time is ticking and we need to start preparing for this baby a bit. I finally started my Hypnobabies Course Study (also did it with Lily and loved it), have been getting back into my DVD's, and am starting to think about rearranging bedrooms & toys to make room for the baby. I was supposed to do my glucose test today but my midwife had to reschedule for next week since she was wrapped up with a birth, it's fine with me.

I feel great though my belly feels so big which of course is a good thing

Marie - I haven't ordered them yet, will probably wait until after the baby is born. I'm excited to get back into a nice routine with some hard core exercises. I discovered burpees aren't working so well for me right now!

Tracy - Are your 6 kids really excited for the baby?

Cindy
Old 07-31-2012, 02:22 PM
RachelDC/MD's Profile Fields

Default New to Forum

Hi Ladies,
I thought I could turn here for a bit of solace.

I was supposed to go to the Cathe RT is NJ, but had to cancel on the Monday before because at my 7 week U/S I was diagnosed with a subchrionic hemtoma. After a day of significant bleeding (and large clots) the baby is fine, but I'm still spotting. No exercise, pelvic rest, and take it as easy as possible. I'm 8 weeks today, so still very early.

I was so bummed to miss the RT, going crazy that I can't exercise, even more crazy that I can't run around with my active toddler (soon to be 2 yr old boy) and just crazy fearful after googling what a hematoma is and if this pregnancy is going to be OK.

Anyway, sorry to bring the forum down, but I thought other Cathlete's could relate.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Cathlete

Hi Rachel- Sorry this post is so delayed. I haven't been on this thread for awhile. I'm so sorry to hear that news. I hope everything turns out ok. Please keep in touch if you feel up to it. I'll be thinking of you!

Marie