I'm having a girl!!!

Stebby

Cathlete
Just got my amnio results back today ... finally ... 4 weeks to the day after having the test. (We have a great medical system in Canada because it's "free", but man, it can be slow!) I'm having a girl! She is completely normal. I am so thrilled. My husband and I were both hoping for a girl. I come from a family of all boys (except me, of course) -- 3 brothers and all boy cousins. I grew up in a neighbourhood of all boys, always wishing I could have a little sister or more girlfriends living close by. I have 5 nephews and 1 niece who is dying to have another girl in the family. I love little boys, but it really is time for more female blood in the family. And I am so, so relieved that she is healthy.

Congratulations!! Glad the amnio results came back normal! I think we're due around the same time (I'm due 8/14) and I'm having a girl too!
Erica

Congratulations! That is so exciting. So glad she's healthy, and you will love having a little girl.

Congratulations. I'm glad that you are both healthy. Girls are so much fun (I have 2). What a joy for you.

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy everything is healthy and you got your preference. I have one of each and am expecting another boy now. Your daughter will be the princess in the family. My daughter is the only girl among 5 other grandsons in my family and in my husbands family there are 10 grandsons and only 2 grandaughters. Lets just put it this way, my daughter has nicer clothes than I do since the relatives all like buying the girl clothes.

Anyway, congrats to you!!

Thanks, everyone!! Erica, yes, our due dates are very close -- I'm August 15. Maybe our new little daughters will end up being born on the same day!

Congratulations on your little girl! Glad to hear that she is healthy and you are doing well. :)

Alison

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.