If you have a baby and you love it check-in here! May 25 - 31

chefkate

Cathlete
Hope everyone is having a great start to the week!

I ROCKED STS chest/back last night. Will run and do abs today.
AND I MUST EAT CLEAN SO I CAN GET LEAN!:D
My upper abs are seriously not too shabby. Travel a little further south and it's an entirely different story. :mad::mad::mad: My own fault. Clean it up, Kate!

Love the title too!

I had a great day. Troy's 8th b-day today. Brody happy as can be - almost 11 weeks old. Lara was a sweet angel as always. Loving life today! Beautiful weather too! Ate like a pig but who cares!!??
Have a happy week everyone! ;)

Love the title!!!

thanks! we've been singing "if you're happy and you know it" and this just kinda came out!:p
so glad all is well for you and your 2 beans, melanie!:)

clarissa, happy bday to your son!
hows it going w/ training clients again?

Yahoo!!! Got my run done and I am a sweaty mess!
Off to shower!

4 days of school this week, 4 next week and WE ARE DONE for the summer! yessss!

Hi mammas
kate... love the title too. :D my presentation is over and I will see my little one (and big one) tomorrow... so happy!!
I did get the chance to visit the gym- so that wasn't so bad. Yesterday I spent almost 2 hours doing cardio:eek: (that is one of the reasons i workout @ home- i'm a gym rat @ heart). I ran 3 miles; walked .5 miles and did the ellipi for 65 mins. I was listening to a book on CD and time flew by!!! I'll be more balanced when I get home.....

well my husband said "ill see you next week" when we talked today!!

busy taking care of last minute prep for my son going to senior prom friday. hes only a freshman but going with a senior girl who asked him. totally thought i was going to say no i think... she came over and they asked me together. it was pretty cute.

no workout today, no time with errands this am and then a friends this afternoon/ evening... and i am restricted to cardio only right now. no yoga or upper body weight bearing exercise. so cardio only, i hope to keep myself motivated with my fave fun step workouts like step blast, cardio and weights, et al. but i am pretty bummed about this i must say.

sorry for the me me me post, im trying not to feel too bad for myself. i really am looking forward to my guy getting home but the flipside is how angry i am at myself that i have not been able to lose more of this weight =(

well, tomorrow is a new day.

wendy

We got poop and lots of poop from Pomai!! Yay!!! Finally after two days of prune juice and tummy massages. I stopped the solids today and just gave a little prune juice and tummy massages. She had three poops and the last was HUGE! She seems a lot happier now.

Wendy - Yay for DH being home soon! I'm excited for you!
Kate - LOVE the title! Yay for upper abs showing! Know what you mean about lower.
Sydney - Another past gym rat at heart here. I hardly go now, but I still hold on to my membership. I did start spin classes though so hopefully I'll start going more.

Hi mamas!

Busy, busy day. Lots of guests. My ds invited four of his friends over for dinner as well as a bunch of family. Time to relax! Be back tomorrow!

Lisa

Sydney, great job on the WO! WOW! I cant imagine how excited you are to see your baby!

Wendy, I can' imagine how excited YOU are to see DH! Will you cry when you see him?? I would!!:D Don;t be angry at yourself for the weight loss not going as fast as you planned! Did you check out the link Mel posted about Cahte's weightloss? Don't be so hard on yoursef! Dh loves you and at then end of the day what's most important......JJ has a mommy that loves him and is 110% devoted to his safety and care!
Post a pic of DS goign to prom!

Lisa, YAY POMAI! We knew you coul do it!:p:p
Busy house for you! As crazy as it is I love company like that! All the food prep makes my heart sing! I will enjoy it more again when Julia's a bt bigger tho! For now, simple is better!

=

Got up and did an aweomse lower body stretch/strengthen and did abs,
STS Lower body tonight.

Hi all! I haven't been on the Cather forum much lately as Ryan is still telling me his schedule. :confused: Sleep is sporadic and he's feeding like crazy. I think he's gained over 1.5 pounds in 5 weeks! At any rate, the workouts are going VERY well. I started the six month rotation for STS. On the days I don't lift, I do 45-60 min cardio, abs, and stretch. The beauty of it all (with the breastfeeding) is that I have no guilt about what I eat. However, I still don't eat crap. Maybe I should for some fun?!?! :eek:

My parents will be in town next week, which is great. However, my in-laws will be in town in July. :eek:

I'm off to the store to get some ice cream my craving!

Also, I started training clients again when my husband is home. I missed it sooooooo much!

Okay, ladies I've been MIA again! I can't seem to get on a schedule post-move...might have something to do with all of the crazy events going on right now. There was med school graduation on the 16th and the drive to Florida before and after that, along with my little brother's high school graduation Saturday and the plethora of parties that accompanied that. I have gotten some workouts in, but haven't been faithful about them every day (and my eating was atrocious this weekend!)

But, alas, I am back, and hopefully will be able to post daily again. I think having 3 flights of living space might be part of the problem...that and still unpacking "miscellaneous" boxes in the utility room as Zoey sees fit to let me. Today I did The Viper from the Terminator DVD. That was awesome. I'm still not back to STS yet, mostly because I have that de Quervains tendonitis thing that someone else here has and my right hand keeps going numb still, but also because my schedule lately has been so haphazard that I wouldn't have been able to do it right at all. I think once residency starts I know I'll be in one town and not travelling and will be able to get back to it (with wrist splints of course).

First day of work: June 22. I am excited and not excited both. I don't want to leave Zoey, but luckily Brian is working from home and is able to watch her and we don't have to do day care, so I feel really good about that. Having this month of me being home while he is working from home and then giving over some of the Z duties while I run errands and work out has been a good taste of what is to come for him. He's learning how to soothe her, and learning her schedule. Hopefully that first day of work won't drive him bonkers now that he's learning these things. And of course I will be ready and willing to take over Z duties when I get home so that he can have some alone time too. I guess I'll workout really early in the morning, haven't worked that out yet.

Kate, so glad you're getting definition in your upper abs! That's awesome. Hopefully mine will come soon (prob would come sooner if graduation parties didn't fill my mouth with cake)

Lisa, so glad that Pomai is feeling better now. Sorry you are on poop duty though. :)

Wendy, congrats about your husband, and way to go to your son for snagging a senior! He must be quite the boy!

Skyye, crazy workout! I know what you mean about time flying when your mind isn't on working out. I usually try to have a medical journal on the bookholder when I do cardio machines. I have mastered the art of keeping my place while my body is going crazy fast on a treadmill! Probably isn't good for the eyes though.

Clarissa, happy birthday to your little one!

Laura, it is crazy how big they get so soon. Z has been feeling quite heavy to me lately in that car seat carrier thing, so I weighed her. She's 16.5 pounds!!! And only 4.5 months!!! No wonder I lean to the side when I carry her in that thing. I'm just going to have to use the Bjorn more often...and get a convertible carseat soon. Ugh.

Hope everyone has a great week. Sorry I talked all your ears off.

Becky

Oh, and I really am MD Becky now!

Oh, and the workout room. Here's a web address of some pics of the house:

http://mcgilligan.us/wp/wpg2?g2_itemId=5092&g2_page=5

You can go to other pages too and see other house pics, med school graduation pics, etc if you want, but the workout room is on that page 5.

That's my little brother who just graduated high school in all the gym pics. He was acting goofy.

Becky

becky!!!! great pics!!!! i love them! z is so cute! my youngest sister graduates hs this yr too:).
i love all your wall colors - we like lots of color too. our mud rm is bl& wh harlequin diamonds:cool:.

laura, enjoy your time w/ your parents! i take it you dont mesh well w/ dh's folks???

-
ugh...my only wo yday was a deep leg stretch & abs. payroll took houuuuurs last night. im eating very clean and feeling awesome. noticably leaner....well, to me anyways!:p

MAGGIE!!!!!!!!!!! we miss you!

steph, hope the vaca is going well!

becky -love the workout room! (one day sigh!!)
Laura -wow your doing great! ;) Liam is growing like a weed too. He is 4 weeks and I just weighed myself with him and without to find out his weight and he is 11 lbs!

well, just lurking cause I never have my hands free.. lil guy is still having lots of gas too. ugh!
I did my first workout this week. hope to keep it up. just so busy w/o dh here. hope everyone else is doing good ;)

Hi Becky!! Love the wo room!

Kate - WTG with looking lean!!

Wendy - How many more days before DH is home?

Hi mommies!!

I am so hot and sticky. Weather has been terrible here. It makes wo really hard. Just wanted to drop in and say hello!!! Gotta figure out dinner still. Lost 2lbs, but I think it's all water weight from sweating!

Lisa

Hi mamas!
I'm baaaaaack! Ah, the beach was WONDERFUL!!!! I didn't sleep well though. Odd, I know. We could hear the waves from our bedroom, and I still didn't sleep well. It's so hard to make your mind take a vacation!! The beach was lovely, and the boys LOVED it. Even Charlie. He loved to dig in the sand. And he wanted to eat it, but ewww. The drive back today was torture. SOOOO glad to be home. I ate HORRIBLY over the long weekend. I mean, as if I were returning from a desert island and had never seen food before. WHAT is wrong with me?? Oh, and the mojitos... :eek: But tomorrow I"m back on the clean-eats wagon and the workout wagon. Got my Clean Eating mag today, and yummy stuff in it this month!!

Hope you all are well!!! :)

i kicked butt last night @sts legs. 110# for squats!
isabel is goig out w/ mil today so i'll do some cardio then. abs today too.
tonight we have my nieces baptism so dinner will be out prob. theres a dinner afterwardsbut i think we're just coming home. js early bedtime always throws a wrench in evening plans. or in this case....get us ut of things we dont really want to do!
field day today for ginaso j& i will go cheer her on there.

-
stephanie, glad yu had a good time! rough on the sleep tho! im looking forward to our vacation so much! but also dreading the food temptations!!!

lisa, 2 lbs is 2 lbs! yay! who cares how ya lost it! byt i have no doubt its from all the running around you do! youre the busiest mom i know!

jess, slow & esy on your wo start! :) sorry about babys gas!:(

becky -I'd love a beach vacation about now!

well I did the first 30 min of KPC last night. felt great!! I wanted to finish but I was worried if I'd get my shower in before the baby woke again and I needed to get some sleep (was late). but I'm glad I squeezed that much in.
thankfully last night wasn't that bad. he did wake every 3 hrs or so to eat but I don't mind at all actually. much better than nights when he wakes crying cause of gas and nothing works to soothe him. :( he had a bit this morning but is napping now. I sure hope hes not getting colic??

jess, great job on kpc..i did some f it today too!
hope you escape colic! j was a little fussier around 6 weeks. try running the vacuum. worked like a charm!

----------------
isabel is off w/ mil
25 min walk, clean lunch, and a wo. i could get used to days like this!
i did kpc cardio power & c&w abs.
will do cs ub stretch tonight.
_____

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.