I want to exercise but I can't stay awake!

jcm

Cathlete
This shouldn't surprise me by now. I'm 11 weeks w/ my third but I haven't done this in 4 years! I want to go for my runs, I want to do Cathe, but after I'm showered, get kids off to school, dishes picked up ... it's time for a nap before I fall over! A part of me feels a little guilty, like I'm not trying hard enough, but that's also not true. I've always been super-dedicated - 5x/week at least. I just hope things perk up soon before it's back to square one. This is really just complaining. Although hearing the same thing from others would make me feel better!

Hang in there ladies!

How are you doing now that you are in your 2nd trimester?

I'm this way lately. I'm completely exhausted. Can't do anything.

well, I'm 17 weeks now and things are a bit better. I can make it through some days without a nap but it's definitely better if I do. My midwife reminded me it's partly that I'm older now - thanks a lot :) General discomfort is keeping me from running so it's mostly walking when I do do something - which isn't often.

Are you having your first?

This has been absolutely devastating for me!! I guess there really was something wrong with my last pregnancy cuz I don't remember this!:eek: I sleep a lot and still wake up tired, yawn all day, can barely concentrate, can lay down and nap for two hours in the middle of the day (I've never been a napper) and to make matters worse....all of a sudden I can't drink coffee! Even attempting to choke down my 1 cup in the AM makes me gag. I'm eating too much and need to start getting more active. It is hard to imagine how women work out through this and work. Like Morris, in the TTC thread..running 6 miles? I know it helps a lot if you were in good shape pre pregnancy but jeez. I hope this goes away!x(

Good to know you are feeling somewhat better but you didn't give me the answer I was hoping for!:p I know even if the 2nd tri seems like heaven the 3rd is going to be a you know what!:7

>well, I'm 17 weeks now and things are a bit better. I can
>make it through some days without a nap but it's definitely
>better if I do. My midwife reminded me it's partly that I'm
>older now - thanks a lot :) General discomfort is keeping me
>from running so it's mostly walking when I do do something -
>which isn't often.
>
>Are you having your first?

No, this is my second, but I had my first almost 12 years ago!!!!
I don't remember being this tired before, but I was 12 years younger!

:):)

you might find things change day to day! i admit, i push myself sometimes to work out. i do have more energy later if i do, also, it is easier to deal with how bad i eat sometimes. i am more tired later in the day, so if i get up early and work out, i am okay. also, around 14 weeks with my last pregnancy, my energy level really went up. then, it was easier to exercise, but my body was changing. i think the main thing is to not beat yourself up too bad. someone once wrote on this forum you just need to do whatever it takee to get thru the first trimester. if that is cookies and naps, fine.

i am just now back to drinking decaf - couldn't stomach the stuff my first 10 weeks:)

Hey thanks Morris. You know I think you are a God! :D I am really going to try and up the workouts because I've already put on 4+ pounds and that is in addition to what I had gained with my miscarriage!!!:eek: I don't really get it cuz I am not eating more that I was non pregnant but I guess when you are pregnant your body just sucks on to every last calorie!x( So today I am off to get an industrial bra and I plan on getting that "Perfect Pregnancy" workout but that Cirque de Soleil chic. :p

Happy Pregnancy everyone!;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.