Hot Moms & Sweet Babies June 15-21

chefkate

Cathlete
Good morning!!!!

Stephanie, WTG on the WO!!!! That is awesome! Way to push thru!! I KNEW you would do it! You are on a roll!! Anything fun w/ the boys this week?

-
We are going to the zoo today. My youngest sister Libby is coming wiht us.

Will do some UB weights tonight and EATS WILL BE STELLAR!:D

mornin ladies!

kate, love the hot moms title =) wtg on 2 runs yesterday!

lisa, jj is getting all over the place doing what we call the spiderman crawl. hes down on his belly pulling with the arms and pushing with the feet and he is QUICK. he can crawl up on all 4s, seen him take a few steps that way, but he chooses to sink down on the belly and scootch along. he also tries to pull himself up on things and succeeds sometimes, so maybe hell skip the real crawling. i sympsthize on the floor thing... so far so good with jj but i recall ods finding every single little spec of dust or dirt and trying to eat it =(

hi candra!! nice to "see" you again!

jess, i never got a chance to say, i was a teen mom, too... had my 15yo at 16... somehow made it work and hes such a great kid today! i havent seen the mtv show, have you?

we were mostly better and then yesterday lil guy woke up with cough and i think i need to call the doc. we did have a fab bbq yesterday tho! so many friends and it only sprinkled here and there. dh set up our shelter thingies we have for camping so ppl could stay outside and not get wet plus we had the water table, bubbles, lots o food... good times! just wish ppl would take the JUNK back home with them. im so good at not keeping bad stuff in the house and then something like this, i had 4 cookies last night. no ones fault but my own but i Looove to blame others for my lack of self control =)

im also having trouble re-working my workout schedule since dh returned. its a combo of all of us sick, totally random shorter naps, earlier dinner hour with my husband, etc... trying to fit in where i can and id ask you all for help but not sure what i can really do until the naps regulate back to where they were (2+ hours in the am, 45min or so pm). im praying!!

hoping to do me today...

wendy

Hi mamas!
Kate--The zoo sounds fun! I never take the boys to do any really special outings like that because it would just be me, and I'm scared to death one of them will wander off. I'm such a worry wart! Plus, DH always wants to come so he can video it. Every year, he puts together a year-in-review little imovie of the boys. He's done one ever since our oldest was born. Our parents look forward to it every Christmas. Anyway... off on a tangent there... Have fun today!!

Wendy--You'll figure out your schedule soon. Things will sort of fall into place. It's not easy being a supermom, is it?? :p d That's cute about the spiderman crawl! Charlie started crawling last week, but he has taken a break. He'd rather wiggle across the floor on his bottom. It's very cute and different... Each child had a different method. Oliver did the spiderman crawl, Henry never crawled.. just went from sitting to pulling up/walking. And yes, Charlie also is putting everything in his mouth! Even went for the dog food the other day!:confused:

Hi to everyone else!!! Happy Monday! (Or is that an oxymoron?)
---
I weighed TWO POUNDS heavier today. WHAT's UP WITH THAT?? But, anal me, I measured myself, and I have lost an inch in the waist this past week. :):):) So I'll take it and will ignore my mean scales. Didn't sleep well at ALL last night. I had nightmares, couldn't fall back asleep, Henry woke up, Charlie's diaper leaked everywhere (time for Huggies Overnights), etc. Got up at 5 a.m. I think I slept a total of 2 hours... :confused: Anyway, I feel oddly energized this a.m., so hoping I don't crash. (Not energized enough for an early workout!) Will do CLX again tonight and eat cleanly today. I'm thinkin some Ezekial bread french toast for breakfast! Appetite is back, sadly :(. Hope you all have a great day!!

Last edited:
morning ladies. I just ate some good oatmeal for breakfast. I added almonds and blueberries. the thread on oatmeal got me craving some. mmm.
I have to do errands today. I hope to w/o tonight. last night liam wouldn't stay asleep. he kept waking up every 15 min and I had to get him back down. then about 4am to time to wake up he was wiggling everywhere with gas and not sleeping well. he still stays content if I let him sleep next to me (with my arm around him) but if I try to lay him down when hes like that he'll wake up upset. ugh. once this gas is gone I bet he'll be the best sleeper. He doesn't need much to fall asleep. he'll nurse to sleep but let it go before hes out and just fall asleep next to me. he's so sweet ;)

Kate -have fun at the zoo. sounds like fun. I wish we had one around here. I loved the NC zoo when we lived up there. so huge and beautiful! the animals had lots of room and really nice habitats.

Wendy -sounds like your about my age now then. I turn 30 this summer. my oldest is the sweetest guy too. can't imagine life without him. oh man and don't say the word "cookie" around me. I keep wanting some and just the word sets me off. ha. I need to make some and get it over with. maybe if I find a good oatmeal cookie recipe or something I won't feel too bad. jj sounds cute :) hope you all feel better and get a good schedule going again.

Stephanie - thats great about loosing an inch. I need to find my measuring thingy mabob too. ha.

Wendy, Glad you rparty went well - sounds fun! THRoW OUT the junk food! Either you WASTE it or you WAIST it. :p Pick WASTE it.
Your WO schedule will get back there. You guys are still in a big adjustment period! When will you do yoga again?

Stephanie, The video sounds so nice!
Congrats on the inch!! That's FANTASTIC! Toss out htat rotten scale!!! They lie anyway!
BBOOOOO to the night you had! Your breakfast sounds super tho!

Jess, So sorry for the sleep issues. Or non-sleep I should say! It will be over beofre you know it - hang in there!

-
Zoo was fun. No plans the rest of the day. Well, maybe chiro. My little chunky monkey wanted to be carried the whole time!:confused::p Me back is killing me!:p

Hi girls! Sorry it's been long time no talk. It was insanely crazy. I had that nasty chest cold back in March/April. My parents came to visit in April and made me go to the dr. I am finally getting back to normal. Steve left the first week in May so he's gone now and we are doing okay. Going on 6 weeks now. I am at my parents house now in FL visiting so I can check in regularly and workout regularly! YAY! My mom is working on losing weigt too and she's down 15lbs in the last 2 months. I am proud of her! I am down under 130 now so I am totally thrilled, but still have some to lose and some major toning to do to get where I want to be. Sara is great. She was only 14lbs at her appt when she was 7m.. now she is 15lbs at 8m so slow and steady for her. She is crawling all over the place and pulling up on the furniture. Both of these things happend in the last 10 days since being at my parents. IT's crazy!! The kids are dealing okay w/ daddy being gone,but my anxiety is pretty high. I get to talk to him every other dayor so on yahoo w/ the webcam so that is wonderful. anyway let me catch up w/ you all now!!

Kate~the zoo sounds awesome! My favoite are pandas. I LOVE them! Does your zoo have pandas? How are your girls doing??

Wendy~can you possibly do some walks w/ your little man? If you can't fit anyting in while he naps maybe wakl with him and then pick one body part to do after that while he plays even if you can just get 5-10mins.. it'll be better than not working it. Good luck. IT's hard to find the time sometimes but he'll get back on that nap schedule soon!

Jess~he sounds like a sweetie! I hope the gassy phase passes soon. We did those gas drops with every feeding for the first few months.. it worked pretty well. Hang in there!

Stephanie~I agree w/ everyone else.. forget the scale.. inches don't lie, but scales do! IT could be water or any number of other thing.. The video soundsl ike a a sweet idea and something you will always cherish!!

I need to go back to the last thread and read it so I can fully try to catch up. I feel badly for missing thelast few months, but it was so stressful getting ready for Steve to leave I just lost intrest in a lot of things. On top of that we moved from one house to another on ft.polk so we got the keys on a Friday and 8 days later STeve left so we were extrememly busy it wasn't even funny! We are settled now though : )

trish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
great to see you! i only have a sec... just wanted to say HI!!!!!
glad sara is doing well. i know youre missing dh!
thats great abt your mom! wow! and you too!!
ps - my chunky julia is 8 mon and is 23 # !!!! :D:D:D

Trish! Hey! Way to go on the weightloss!! You are at my goal weight, woman!! :) Good to see you back here!

Thanks guys for the encouraging words about the scales! I know; it just kind of takes the wind out of my sails. Ooh what a day. Is it over yet?? Henry is undergoing a major sugar crash after inhaling a nasty popcicle made of sugar, cornsyrup and water that DH bought them. He's ILL. Oliver is treating Charlie like a rag doll. If I have to say "QUIT PICKING UP YOUR BROTHER!!!" again, I'm gonna scream. Don't ya love Mondays?? Anyway, I know they're just bored. Rain off and on here today so we have been in for the most part. I have got to plan some fun stuff for the rest of the week to keep them busy.

Charlie is crawling around more today. And he's re-arranging the house (polite way of saying he's undoing all of the cleaning I did yesterday), but I can't get mad because he's too darn cute! :p I can see though that I'm going to have my hands full eventually. The older boys just cackle when Charlie does something he shouldn't that they think is funny, and that makes Charlie laugh and laugh. Pretty soon he'll be getting into trouble just to please his older brothers. :confused: Oh well...

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi!!:)

Trish-good to see you;) Glad to hear you are doing well!!

Kate-I love the zoo!!

Stephanie-yay on the 1 inch loss!!

Wendy-you will get back to a routine again!

Jess-Oatmeal is my fav breakfast!

Carpet guy is here cleaning and I am trying to get dinner started. BBL

Candra

Trish -my DH is deployed too and we switched from yahoo to skype. much better reception most of the time and a bigger picture. but when skype doesn't work we go back to yahoo. He's coming back for his R&R visit in a couple weeks. The gass drops don't seem to help him any? he also hates them and I can barely get him to swallow he tends to manage to spit it out.

Kate - my SIL baby is like 30# at 9 mo. here is a pic of him. can you tell? hes a BIG boy. ha.

Steph -yeah when my SILs baby was here I was like wow I have it easy now. ha. he was EVERYWHERE and into everything! Lol. I kinda want Liam to stay small. hes the perfect size for hugging. ha. so cute about the big brothers. I can see that happening with my older two!

Candra -any fancy oatmeal recipes? I never tried it with nuts/berries and I LOVE it!

Attachments

• IMG_4657-01.jpg
    IMG_4657-01.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 13
Jess- I didn't know your dh was deployed:( Did he miss Liam's birth? I don't have any fancy recipes. I buy the frozen steel cut oats from trader joes:p If I am being crazy, I slice a banana on top w/ a few crushed walnuts;)

I still haven't started dinner:eek: I started making zucchini bread instead and now I am nursing Ryder. I will get back on task and make enchiladas!

I did a new w/o today. It is called "pure pump" the instructor is Tonya Larson. It was a good total body wo. She also has a step wo I might try. I like to try different instructors every once in awhile:cool:

Candra

Jess-- That is TOO CUTE!!! Love the pic!!

Candra--I wouldn't know what to do with clean carpets. I'm so jealous! We don't wear shoes in the house, but we still get lots of stains from spills. Ugh.

OK off to workout; CLX again. DH is home. Ahhhhhh. ME time!!! :)

omg jess - the size of those arms on the nephew!! wowee!

hi trish! i am just welcoming my husband back after 6 months (not deployment but tech school for re-training) and i totally understand the craziness that is the period before they go. its also crazy when they get back!! phewww, its been like 2 weeks and im finally starting to see straight. im sure youve gone through this before, you know you get in a routine of life in their absence it just takes a while. then they get back... new routine takes a while! thats what im in now.

kate, 23#, holy cow =)

hi steph, candra!

gotta run ladies, try to bbl tonight but its so hard -- dh always wants me to come to bed with him, and hes in bed sooooo early to get to the base at 6:30am. even if not though, he would still get in bed early and im a night owl so its always been a mismatch for us... good thing i love him! sometimes i actually get up once hes sleeping so i can do some more cleaning and stuff lol.

wendy

Stephanie, Isabel is forever trying to pick up Julia. I feel so bad for scolding her on it but heavy Julia is just too strong for a 5yo to carry around. I walked into the hall the other day and Gina had got her out of her crib from her nap and they were fighting over her!!! I was FREAKED OUT to say the least!
LOL at rearranging!
Toss your scale, woman!! It matters not!:p You are doing right things - eating good, getting in your WO's....even if it means you're up when no one else is. Don't let the scale derail you. I speak from experience. I used to weigh myself after every meal. Am I as thing as I was then? No. But I AM healthier!

Candra, Boy, are we in need of cleaned carpets! YIKES.
Zuke bread.....mmmmm Enchiladas....mmmmm What time should I be htere?:D
Glad you liekd your new WO. I got a Kelly CoffeyMeyer one to try but I've been so busy running I haven't done it yet.

Jess, What a sweet little chunker!:D
When did your DH leave??? I don't know how you ladies do it!

Wendy, Mike and I are pretty much on the same sleep schedule. No matter how hard we try we can't seem to get to bed before 10:30, asleep about 11. :rolleyes: I get into bed and get verbal diarrhea, remembering everything I meant to tell him about our day!:D

--

Mike and I were (half-joking) about getting ice cream and skipping workouts. I said I was doing mine. We both had a great WO! I did 4ds chest/back and LIS abs. So glad! Victory over cravings is sweeter than ice cream! Well.... almost!

Candra- my Dh left right after new years. Yeah he missed the birth. my mom was here though and she helped alot. I have to just keep sending DH pics. I'm taking video of him every week too. He'll be able to see him grow. when he gets here he can get it onto dvd and take that with him. I wish I had a trader joes or any store like that. We have only two grocery stores to choose from unless I want to drive an hour away or so.

Wendy - yeah the only benefit of having dh gone is I can do what I want whenever I want (well now my schedule revolves around baby ha!) but when he gets home I do everything differently and it is an adjustment. MY dh also likes us to go to bed earlier and get up earlier when hes home cause he leaves early. baby gets me up early now though so oh well. I like to sleep to 8:30 or 9 but baby usually wakes about 7-7:30.

Kate -I have a few w/os I haven't done that I got when preggo or since Liam was born. I got amy Bs two new ones and kimberly spreens new one. man they look good!

Hi Melanie! hope your feeling ok.

Stephanie -hope you got a good work out.

---
I think this week I'll get out my kettlebells. (if I get a chance) I miss em. haven't done them since about 4 mo preggo!

Hi ladies.

I am not sure when I posted last. Yesterday I did a 40 min run and then segment 3 of 30 Day Shred.

Today I did MuscleMax. Now I know why my smaller clothes fit me even though I weigh more that I did when I used to be this size: I have more muscle. Granted, I am not as small as I once was, but I am fitting into a size 6 (some 8s) and I am 140lbs. Before, at 140lbs I was a size 10 or 12. After doing MM, I realized I can handle that workout much better than I used to be able to....I can lift what Cathe does and sometimes it felt like I should have gone heavier (I guess that's thanks to STS mesocycle 1...and carrying around a 17 lb baby for half the day). I think my arms look more defined then they did when I was 120 lbs. My fat is concentrated in my mid-section. It will take time to tone that...and a better diet. :eek: We went to Cheesecake Factory last night for my mom's birthday and I did not behave.

Jess, I love your new avitar. Too cute.

Kate, I know what you mean about verbal diarrhea prior to bed. I do that too...but usually Brian is way too tired to hear it all! I think it has to do with my not working right now. I think that once I start working (next Monday), I'll have to talk so much during the day that I won't blow him away at night.

Candra, glad you liked your new workout. How long was it? I am going to be on a tighter time schedule once I start working (45 min workouts or less probably for days I work...that will be 6 out of 7) and am looking for some tough shorter ones.

Hi everyone else.

Oh, and I just learned today that I am getting an Amazon Kindle DX!!! I won an award at graduation, and it had a prize attached to it (PDA or $500 worth of medical software). I asked if a Kindle counts as a PDA and they allowed it. I am so excited!!! I have spent all night playing on the Amazon site trying to figure out which books I am going to buy for it. I should have been finishing unpacking those last few boxes. Oh well.

Becky

Jess~how cute!!!! I love it! I'll have to look into skype. DH has only been there for 3 weeks and it's been sooo crazy we barely have time to yahoo. I hope he settles into his routine and we can get on a more predictible schedule.. but then again it'sthe Army so why would I think anything would be predictible.. lol YAY for R&R!! Ours is set for December. I don't even wanna think yet that it migh be Christmas. I'll take it even if itisn't though.

Hi Candra!!

Stephanie..lol at rearranging the cleaned areas. That is happening here too. We put her down and she is immediately off and into something. I can't keep up! My older ones like to tell on her, but not help me much. I am constantly saying get her get her.. lol

Kate~23#!! IT's the buttermilk you are feeding her! My 3 year old is only 30lbs. LOL

Kate~I am still laughing at the verbal diarehha comment. That is exactly what I get. DH says why didn't you tell me all this earlier?? I say because I didnt have your undivided attention then and I do now.. LOL Great job getting the workout in.

Becky~that is a cool prize! Congrats! Sounds fun!

Melanie~congrats to you!! I missed that you were preg and twins! WOW that is just amazing awesome news!!

Jess~so you all are half way done! I bet your hubby is so excited to meet Liam. That had tobe hard for the both of you.

Wendy~we are the same way. DH goes to bed early since he gets up at 5:30 to go workout. I liketo sleep till at least 7 and I stay up till 11 or so. I will go to bed w/ him and then get up or he'll just go ahead to bed and I'll stay up depending on what is going on. Now that he's gone I am up even later and it's catching up with me. Where are you all at? Is your dh in the air force? My bil is at MAxwell AFB in AL.

Okay heading to bed..

Kate--I did a wo AND ate ice cream. :eek: DH bought the Edy's slow-churned half fat stuff and i couldnt resist. BAAAAAD, I know. But otherwise clean day. Ice cream no more!!!

Becky--I am SO glad I read your post. I think it's great that you are fitting into a size 6/8!! YOu go lady!!! That was my old size. *sniff/sniff* One day... I have been so saddened by the scales, but my body is feeling better and I can feel the muscle (under the fat, mind you)... but knowing that you have experienced weighing heavier but being just as thin, gives me SO much hope. YAY muscle!!!

Nighty night everyone. Another late one for me. When will I learn??? Hoping I actually sleep tonight!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.