In the home stretch!

Stebby

Cathlete
I haven't posted for awhile so I thought I'd bring you guys up to date. I'm 39 weeks pregnant today. I'm still Spinning 3X per week (went this morning -- I must say it's starting to get tough though!) and doing Cathe & Firm weight training tapes, as well as lots of stretching. I'm not doing any Step or hi/lo aerobics anymore. I feel great most of the time, except on the very hottest days.

My baby is in breech position and has been there, with her head lodged under my right rib cage, since the end of May. I was in the hospital a couple of weeks ago to try to get her turned, but it didn't work; my doctor managed to move her about 5 inches, and within 2 hours, the baby was right back to her original position! Stubborn little thing. So I am booked for a C-section next Wednesday, August 14. I'm a bit scared, but I know a lot of women have gone through it, including lots of the ladies here! So wish me luck, and I'll post an update soon!

Stebby

Hi Stebby,
Congrats on keeping up your great workout schedule! I can't imagine spinning at this point, and I'm only 34 weeks along. I'm sorry to hear about the c-section, but there are some definite advantages to a scheduled c-section, at least according to a lot of people I talk to. I may end up going that way myself, depending on how things are going. The main thing is to get your sweet baby girl out safely anyway.

Good luck and I'll be thinking about you on the 14th!!

Take care,
Dana

Hi Stebby!
I've been thinking of you since our babies our due at the same time and was wondering if you've delivered yet. I just scheduled a C-Section for 8/13 yesterday, but am hoping to deliver before then. I scheduled the C-Section because my kids are starting school the following week and I need to be home and somewhat recovered by then. I'm hoping to go into labor before then and have a VBAC, but will just have to wait and see what happens...
I'm still doing step, kickboxing and using my spinning bike and also doing Cathe and Firm for weight training. I stopped running at 37 weeks, mainly because of the heat and now that the temps are cooler I'm afraid to start up again. I am so pleased with how easy it was to maintain my fitness during pregnancy - I feel really lucky.
Good luck with the C-Section and with your new baby girl!!
Erica

Hi Stebby,

Good for you for keeping up your fitness level! And you must be so excited to know you'll be holding your little daughter so very soon :)!

Best of luck on the 14th! Have you chosen a name for your babe yet?

Sandi

Stebby & Erica!

Oh my, how it seems to have gone sooo fast to me for you both! I'm sure you don't feel the same as I do! ;-) I had a C-Section with my 2nd. baby and it was a breeze! (COMPARED to labor!) Getting up or down the first couple days are a lil' uncomfortable but each day gets easier & easier! Can't wait to hear all the details on both your precious lil' girls. Thy are blessed with two great Moms. Good Luck to you both & keep us posted!!!!!!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Dana, oh my goodness, ONLY 34 weeks? You're just about there, girl!! Good luck to you, too, whichever way it ends up going!!

Thanks Erica!! We're still in step with each other, that's for sure. Best of luck with your VBAC or C-Section; I hope it goes well.

I was also happy with how easy it was to maintain my fitness level. Sounds as if you and I have been doing very similar things. That can only help as we recover.

Talk to you soon!!

Stebby

Thanks, Sandi!! This really is exciting. We've got a few names picked out, but we want to see her before we make the final decision. (I don't know what I'll be looking for, but I hope I know when I see her. This is probably just procrastinating ... choosing a name is such a big decision...)

Stebby

RE: Stebby & Erica!

Thanks, Debbie! It is such a relief to hear someone say that a C-section can be a breeze. I'm hoping I don't have too rough a time with it. I'll have details -- and pictures -- soon!

Stebby

Hi again, Stebby!

It really was easy for me and I was not as fit back then as you are now! I'm sure that will make it even easier. TRY not to sneeze and DON'T allow your relatives to make you laugh. My hubby's 80 year old grandmother came to the hospital the day my son was born. I walked down the hall to the nursery (this was 24 years ago when babies weren't kept with their Mom's :-rollen) with Grandma and when she saw my son, she yelled at the top of her lungs, "LOOK at all that hair!" She literally screeched it out. I started laughing sooo hard, it hurt. I was doubled over TRYING not to laugh. Sooo, like I said, don't let them make you laugh! Other then that, it will go just great for you. Can't wait to see the pix of her!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Agree with Debbie...

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-08-02 AT 02:45PM (Est)[/font][p]I had a vaginal birth with my first and a C-Section with my twins. I was so incredibly nervous about the C-Section, but it really wasn't bad at all. The first day was a little rough and I didn't like being on pain meds because they made me so sleepy, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I imagined it would be and I was up and around pretty quickly. In a lot of ways, it really was easier and more comfortable than a vaginal delivery. Oh - and I was not fit at all before or during my last pregnancy. I was very overweight and out of shape when I got pregnant and was on modified bedrest while pregnant.
You'll do great!!
Erica

Right there too!

Congratulations, Stebby! I'm right behind you and Erica, scheduled for an induction next Friday, August 16. Can't wait to see pictures of everyone's babies!

Good luck to all!

RE: Hello Stebby!

I've been wondering "where" you've been!
Best of luck with the C-Section!
Three years ago on the 14th August I had a C-Section and had a beautiful baby girl (Sarah) and now you're going to do the same!
You'll be fine!
Take care,
Liz N

I can't believe what all of you are doing!!!!!!!!!!

I just had to post to say "OMG!!;)" I'm so impressed with the fitness regime's that all of you have been able to maintain while pregnant. I had to give up running in the first trimester due to lack of joy at feeling like I had to pee in the first 15 minutes. Given that I hate most other cardio, I have survived with BodyPUMP only - and thank God! I've been told I'm all baby and that people can't tell until I'm sideways that I'm pregnant. Still, I struggle how my body "adjusted" to the absence of cardio - the only thing I missed.

Anyhoo, Stebby, good luck ant keep us posted!

jeni

RE: Agree with Debbie...

Boy, something must be wrong with me. I kept myself very fit up until delivery day but the emergency c-section (let's just say) was so much more than what I bargained for. I guess I should be VERY THANKFUL that I didn't have a vaginal if it's so much worse. It was a long time before I felt good again. I remember going back to work in 6 weeks just plain miserable. Guess there's something wrong with me. Getting my tubes tied in a couple months so somebody please tell me that's not near as bad.

Lisa

Lisa...

There's definitely nothing wrong with you - I hope I didn't make you feel bad by saying that my C-Section (also emergency) wasn't a terrible experience. Every surgery/recovery is different!!
Erica

RE: Lisa...

Erica,
Just ignore my earlier post. Having a bad morning/bad attitude over here today. Most people (not just you) have a much quicker recovery than I did with c-section. I think I'm jealous because of that. Like you said, every recovery is very individual and very different. I assumed since I was in good shape that I'd be okay but turned out to be very overwhelmed with the surgery thing. Forgive me, I'm having one of my occasional "green" days.

Lisa

10-9-8....

Erica must have had her baby by now!! And Hazel just has 3 days to go!

I'm still scheduled for my C-section tomorrow morning. I think I'm having some pre-labour symptoms now though -- I've had mild diarrhea all day, and I've had a tiny bit of bleeding (not bright red and hardly any, so I've assumed it's nothing). My baby has definitely dropped. Unfortunately, it was her bum rather than her head that dropped, and is probably nestled in my pelvis, so she's not likely to turn herself around now.

I just wanted to say "good bye" to you guys for awhile... as soon as I am back on my computer I'll post with my news!! All the best to everyone!

Stebby

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.