here we go again!

LisaMarie

Cathlete
Well....after a very fast 8 months since my son Caden was born last September, it appears I'll be spending another anniversary unable to celebrate with a bottle of wine! We weren't planning on trying for another couple months or so. It's still pretty early..only 5 weeks. I have such a hard time fitting in my workouts now....not sure how I'm going to manage once baby #2 gets here! It will be crazy with a newborn and a 16 month old!

Kate-that's what I keep telling myself----the advantages of having them close together. It's the only way I won't lose my mind thinking about having 2 little ones!

My husband and his brother are less than 2 years apart and my MIL said that it really wasn't that difficult to take care of 2 really close in age. I also know a woman who had triplets when her oldest was only 16 months old. She said that she just got the kids into a "system" where when one needed to be fed, they all got fed, when one needed a diaper change, they'd all line up and get it done, etc.

If it's too much to handle, just sell one--make sure it's the naughty one--to the gypsies. That's what my parents kept saying they were going to do with me.

Congrats. My 2 girls are 14 months apart and 2 and 1. GMonkey'l MIL must be a saint. It is a lot of work and not always easy. Get rest now. Having another one is not really adding the work of one more it is like adding the work of two more. However, I would not have it any other way. Mine are playmates and right now they wear the same size which is helpful. They play with the same things and are lots of fun.

Kids close in age

I joked one time about having two kids my last two years in the military...and then after I had my first I got pregnant right away and I thought I couldn't do it again. But, I did. My son and daughter are one year and two days apart. I have to say I can't imagine it any other way. They went to school together and watched out for each other growing up. Their birthday's are celebrated together. The only thing I regret is they're going to be gone pretty much one after the other. They'll be 16 and 17 in August. One's gonna be a senior and one a junior in high school. Ugh! I dread the empty nest. About 4 years ago I had my tubes tied because I realized that at that point in my life, I am unwilling to have another child where I would have to start all over. Right now, I'm ready for my children to grow up and for my husband and I to being just us two...I'm not in a hurry or rushing, but it's coming around and I'm ready. It was us two when we met and fell in love and now we're almost done raising our children.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.