Happy Mother's Day! Pregnant Ladies Check-In

melanalyus

Cathlete
Wanted to get us started this week! I'm sure everyone has a jam packed day!

I'm undecided if I'm going to God's house today. I'm just so lazy lately. I laid around all day yesterday. My goal today is to shower & get a few groceries. I should be able to handle that!

I have lots of nervous energy about my u/s tomorrow. I'm trying not to think about it, but you know how that goes! So, my prayer for tomorrow is to see a membrane b/w the twins on the ultrasound with two strong heartbeats AND a cure for my scanty spotting that is driving my mad!!!!!!!

I'll post as soon as I know more tomorrow.

Hope everyone is feeling strong. :D

Good Morning! Happy Mothers Day
Melanie-all my prayers with be with you and the babies tomorrow!!! We are actually skipping out on Church too. Its storming bad and I just dont feel like being a wet mess.
DD and DH brought me my morning orange and 2 cards this morning in bed. We are going shopping after lunch to find a new picture to go above my fireplace. Im excited.
I walked 5 miles this morning. HOping I have more energy today. I think the first trimester fatigue has come late for me. I am taking my extra iron now..(and suffering major constipation!) so maybe that will help.
Hi to everyone!

Happy Mother's Day, mommas to be! Feeling pretty queasy lately and tired, so missing my energy this mother's day! Hope you all are having a great day!!!:D

Okay, I finally got my cheat sheet thing going!

Dawn~so is your baby girl moving around alot? That is absolutely my FAVORITE part of being pg....all the kicks & moves!

Susan~sounds like you are doing good. Enjoy the low-key day at home! Love your baby bump, mine's just a little bit smaller. ;)

23jimbean~what's your real name? You're a week or so in front of me, are you starting to feel a little less quesy?

Precillia~ sounds like you're feeling about the same? I've been taking zofran & it helps quite a bit. I try to go the day without it (they're about $4/each for me)...but usually end up caving in

Jen~did your mom like your gift? what did you end up doing?

Wendy
~are you more relaxed now (about the pregnancy risks)? do you use lovenox daily?

PennStater~i think you are our most "mature" pregnant momma here? Do you know the sex of your baby?

Buneknek~ when's your due date? i think we're due about the same time. Any ailments?

Erin (eriniski)~ another December baby? are you still able to keep up with workouts?

Who did I miss?!?!?

Still undecided about going to church. I just had a pretty bad puking-fit, but feel stronger now. Maybe I'll give it a try....

Last edited:
Melanie-Im thinking and praying for you today!!!
Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Im planning on Jaris SL today. Lots of house chores to get done after the weekend and must bake cookies for dd to take to school tomorrow. bbl to check on everyone.

Hey everyone.
DH and I are teaching Sunday School, so no choice but to get up and go to church. I miss when I could just choose to keep sleeping.
Told just about everyone that I was pregnant yesterday, I spent the entire day on the phone, which is not one of my favorite activities.

I squeezed in an easy yoga workout yesterday. Other than that, Friday I did Legs & Glutes, and Saturday I scraped popcorn off the ceiling of the nursery (DH and I agreed that counted as a shoulder workout).

I have my second OB visit this week and am finishing up my first trimester.
Cee - Due Nov 18.

Hello everyone! Happy late Mother's Day to all! Sorry I missed everyone. I was on call this weekend and I got called in twice on Saturday so I was running around Sunday trying to get everything done before my mom came over. We had a wonderful day. My mom gave me a necklace with a mother/child pendant that is so beautiful. I cooked vegetable gumbo and made fresh hawaiian bread for her. It was just such a nice relaxing afternoon.

Melanie-My mom loved that I put the u/s picture in the frame and then gave her the other copies. She cried at my card because I told her that I wasn't nervous to be a new mom because I learned from the best. We also gave her a copy of the u/s appointment that we video'ed which she thought was cool. Please update us as soon as you can. I will be thinking of you but I already said, I think it will turn out the way you want.

Cee- How was the popcorn scraping? DH is pretty much done with the baby's room as far as the painting and the floor. I will have to post a pic soon. We just need to pic furniture and decorate but we won't do that until after the gender u/s in about 6 weeks.

Susan- Sorry to hear about the fatigue. I am feeling soo much better now that I am in the second trimester. I have so much more energy that I don't even feel pregnant except this bump that is poking out.

Hi to everyone else! I need to get back to work! I will check back later! Have a great day!

Jen

Hello everyone

I hope you all had a great mother's day. We went to church in the morning and I was feeling so good, no nausea and I was Oh my baby is behaving well today, but after the service DH took me to Olive Garden and on our way I started feeling nauseaus so he had to pull over and you know the rest...

I'm 10 weeks today and I get labwork done on thursday.

Melanie, I'm praying for you and waiting patiently to hear good news today

I miss my mom like crazy, she lives far (Puerto Rico) and it's been a year since I last saw her. We'll have a family reunion next month in NJ and I'll get to see most of my immediate family. Can't wait!

Good news! There's a membrane between my two babies. YES!! I'm sooo excited. Also saw two heartbeat, around 188 bpm. They are most likely going to be identical twins. Yahoo!! I'm just so excited. My next ob/gyn appt is in one month, I will have another ultrasound then.

Today I got weighed (gained almost 10-lbs already), did some bloodwork (I have thrombocytopenia--low platelets so they need to be monitored periodically), had a cervix check (nice and tightly closed), and had doctor look at my brown discharge. Get this: I even brought yesterday's pantiliner in to the doctor in a ziplock so he could quantify a typical "flow". LOL Anyway, ob/gyn said it looked like quite a bit of brown discharge, hopefully it would cease shortly, that a month was a long time to still have spotting,...but brown is better than red.

One more thing. No sex, no exercise, no boating, and no jumping around in general. Mostly b/c of the discharge. He said he'd write me a note to get out of work, if I wanted,....but 10 hour days on my feet shouldn't hurt anything unless I started jumping up & down or something.

Oakie doakie. I think that's it. Thanks so much for your outpouring of support & prayers. You're the best!!!

Attachments

• 20090511103453296.jpg
    20090511103453296.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Hi! My real name is Christine! Yes, teh queasiness is starting to fade a bit. I have found that caffeine in black iced tea knocks it right out. My doc said it was okay. I have about one day of feeling tired and crummy adn then three or four good ones... I can also say that I am getting bigger by the milisecond! What happened! It is crazy. I am also still working out, but some days are easier than others. Some days all I can do it sleep still. Melanie, you may want to also try increasing your vitamin B intake... How are you feeling? I am excited we are due around the same time!!!

CONGRATULATIONS MELANIE! Hooray. The sitting still thing sounds a little tough, but we will all keep you company online!!! I am so glad that everything is looking healthy! You will need all this rest to keep up with two babies. So happy you had a great appt. Bet you are really relieved! Here's to December babies!

I"m looking forward to the tax break that will come with two December babies. I will need it to pay for my medical bills.....that are over $1000 already!!!

Hoorah for twins!

Congrats, Melanie, and everyone!

And thanks for posting the u/s photos. Yup--there's two babies in there. I guess that means double the choc. chip cookies--I mean rest.

At 20 weeks, sometimes I can feel my little girl fluttering around. Other times, I actually forget I'm pregnant! Except today, I wore one of my old size 8 dresses. It didn't seem too tight when i left for work, but my female coworkers all smiled and said I finally look pregnant (I've been rotating some big clothes and really hiding in them).

Good luck everyone!
dawn

Melanie - Congrats on the great ultrasound! I am just discovering how expensive having a baby can get. I just had a friend tell me about "The Business of Being Born" a movie available on instand play on Netflix. I do not know if I want to watch it, it will probably just make me mad about "the system."

Jen - Scraping popcorn was not as bad as I expected. DH and I were done in ~1 hour. I made a HUGE mess, but messes that can be easily cleaned do not bother me. I would not recommend scraping with any furniture in the room, but we had plastic down, and vacuum it up at the edges. The worst part was wearing a mask, I have such a hard time breathing through them. You will have to post pics when your nusery is done.

Dawn - I have not felt my baby move yet, but regularly forget I am pregnant. It sounds like you looked adorably pregnant in your size 8 rather than big.

Cee

Cee~ Are you about 13 weeks along then? I think the earliest I've felt movement is around 14 weeks. I forget if you said this was your first one? I think the average for first time mom's is closer to 16 weeks. I LLLLOVVEE that feeling. Can't wait to feel TWO of them. :D

Hi
This morning I did Jaris SL. I think that and RC are my favs. I got Extremely ripped today and have previewed half of it. I will try it out on Thursday.

Melanie-I am just so so happy for you. It will be so neat to hear about a twin pregnancy. Great pics!

Dawn-Hi. I am feeling some flutters too. Isnt it cool. My belly is really growing now. I posted a belly pic in last weeks posts.

Cee-HI

Christine-glad the tea helps. Earlier in my preg only a real coke on ice seemed to help and I think it was in part due to the caffeine.

Cookies are baking..Im on my 3rd dozen and have about 3 more to go. I am in desparate need of a new bra. I hate to bra shop!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.