Favorite workout?

LizC7

Cathlete
Hello everyone
I'm 15 weeks along now and some of Cathe's workouts are already a problem - jumping can be uncomfortable and supermans are out already. I still like to workout 3 or 4 times a week though. What are your favorite workouts around this time and moving forward?
Can't wait to her from you all.

Hi Liz,

I'll be 26 weeks tomorrow and am still able to do all of the Cathe workouts, but they're getting more tough. Anything low impact is good for me. I'm starting to not jump as high and take out some of the higher impact stuff (plyos), but my mantra is, "modify, modify, modify."

I was doing Low Impact Circuit a lot - use just one riser on each side. At least you stay grounded the whole time and it is a heck of a workout, if you keep moving and do the whole video as is. I also find any Cathe video packed with leg presses (like ME) gets your heart rate up. Try using 6 risers plus the high step to really get out of breath and feel worked. Another circuit workout is High Step Training. The blasts are very short and very minimal and there are a lot of leg presses which count as cardio too. To work low back, try just standing and lifting one leg at a time behind you. You will feel it in the glutes a lot, but if you do it hard enough, you will feel the low back. Superman is one exercise that has to be disregarded right away in pregnancy! Good luck.

I loved LIC, Low Max, LIS (from 4DS) as well as the old LIS. I couldn't jump or bounce, it just killed my belly since I was all out front with Mason.

I was also a big fan of Basic Step.

I dropped my step to just the platform early on. I found that my heart rate was pretty spiked during pregnancy, so it took very little get me really working hard.

Days when I couldn't muster a cardio workout, I did moderate-heavy weights instead. I liked the total body premixes from Drill Max, LIC, MM, Supersets...and at the very end, I started doing the Gym Styles (minus the push up drop sets, of course) to start building back up my strength.

fav workouts

Now, that I'm at the end. I love Cathe's low impact and beginner workouts. Such as low impact circuit, body fusion, and high step circuit. I am also doing alot of walking or Leslie Sansone walk at home dvds. At the gym, I like the elliptical. Good Luck.

Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.