Exercise after C Section?

Heidisue

Cathlete
I am 4 weeks post partum and was wondering how soon after the baby did you get back into your exercise routine? I know I still have 2 more weeks and have to clear it through my doctor, but should I be able to start doing Cathe video's at 6 weeks pp? I can't wait to get back on track!

Just really listen to your body. I had a second c-section in October and it took me FOREVER to heal. I didn't start doing Cathe workouts until about 12 weeks pp, probably. I'd hold off until eight weeks and do some gradual workouts like brisk walks and her beginner workouts at first. Remember, you've got several layers of sutures that need to heal. Take care!! :)

I agree with Stephanie! I have had 3 sections. The last one I started the walk away the pounds DVD's around 4 weeks and bled like crazy! Then, I got the flu like symptoms. My OB said its because my body was not healed and ready for that, so it put up the defense. I know you don't want to hear this, but please wait till you are a minimum of 8-12 weeks PP! Women can't even go back to work after a section for 8 weeks! take it easy...wear your new mommy badge with honor.

jessica

I felt pretty good after my last two c/s's. With my last one I was super eager to get back to shape b/c I had LOTS of weight to lose. I slowly started with Turbo Jams at about 3 weeks,...gained strength,...and went all out at 6 weeks with Cathe & ab work. I was careful to listen to my body.

Oh man! It sucks having to wait but, I know, it's worth it. I have my doctors apt on Monday so I am waiting to see what she says and after that, I am going to take it easy. I don't want to ruin my progress, and I especially don't want any problems. I better go, baby has been cluster feeding all day today! Thanks so much for your input. I appreciate it. :) Heidi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.