Exercise

beauty

HI. I read an article this morning about only working out 3-5 times a week for about 20-30 min. I usally still do at least an hour 6 days a week.This is ok right? I always feel so much better after a good workout.

If you are keeping hydrated, not doing anything that hurts, feel good doing it, then your workout routine is definitely okay.

Have I mentioned how grateful I am to have this board?? I'm on a due in May 2002 board (babiestoday.com), and can you believe that there is only ONE woman (and we must have 25 or 30 who post at our regular "roll calls") besides me who worked out during the pregnancy?? I think she had to cut back recently due to discomfort, but otherwise they are doing NOTHING! I just cannot imagine. At almost 35 wks., I'm still able to help my dh landscape -- digging up sod, moving dirt, and even moving rocks for our New England rock wall if I watch my form and take breaks when I feel I need it). We were working on some beds today, and I was thinking how nice it is to feel strong and capable. I do nap a lot in between feeling strong and capable (LOL :) ), but I feel pretty good for someone who can sometimes barely tie her shoes. Now that I think of it, I think I probably wouldn't even be able to do that if I hadn't been exercising because I have the strength and flexibility to raise my foot up to a higher level so I don't have to bend at the waist (Ha! Like I could really bend that far at the waist even if I tried LOLOL!)... and in the same manner, I can still manage to shave my legs. Anyway, I've tried to mention a positive thing or two about exercise on that board, and there are always a lot of readers but it is very unusual for anyone to comment. It's such a relief to come somewhere where other women have the same healthy priorities in their pregnancies!
susan

You crack me up :)

I honestly think that most of the others really believe that it isn't safe or something... and I wonder how many OBs really encourage their patients to exercise... my OB is very supportive of the idea, but she never offered the suggestion herself... and when I was pregnant with my first son and was in a group practice, none of the doctors there mentioned it either...
susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.