double jog strollers... opinions?

tchersue

Cathlete
Hi all,

I'm in the market for a double jog stroller -- although I'd love to have one, I'm not going to spend the money (nearly $500 on some sites!) for the "real deal" Twinner Jogstroller, as I had a $99 Baby Trend stroller that has worked just great for me up until now.

I should add that I'll be using this as my regular stroller (along with a double umbrella stroller when baby is older) in addition to using it for stroller exercise class that I'll be teaching through the YMCA.

My only complaint with the Baby Trend model has been that, when I put the canopy back, my son's head hits the netting. He's a taller 2 year old (36"), but since most jog strollers will carry up to 50 lbs. for a single child or 100 lbs. combined for a double, I feel that this is a drawback.

Okay... so I've been shopping around online, and I've just about decided that InStep is the way to go. Since a double stroller will be so much heavier than a single, I want to go with an aluminum model this time (presently I have a steel frame). Here are the two I've narrowed it down to... I found an InStep UL2000 double model on sale for $177.50 at discountjoggingstrollers.com --- it's aluminum (which makes it about 7 lbs. lighter than the steel frame model that is similar) with 12" front wheels and 16" rear wheels (which is what I had on my Baby Trend... which would work fine for me since I don't generally go offroading). I've also found an Instep 10K aluminum model at strollers.com for $175... It's up to $30 more expensive on other sites where I've found it, so I think it may be a step up from the UL2000... I probably need to call the manufacturer to find out for sure. Anyone have any opinions on this or other aluminum models in a similar price range?

Susan

I have an InStep jogging stroller, and it's great! I don't remember the model #, but the tire dimensions sound correct. The aluminum frame is wonderful--worth spending a little more money, IMO. I have had no trouble with it, and the kids enjoy riding in it.

The only drawback I have found with using side-by-side strollers all the time is that they do not turn easily, and they are too wide to fit through typical mall stores. But I manage. Or I just put the baby in the sling, toddler in a single umbrella stroller, and 5 yr old walks.

Anyway, I would go for it!

Brenda

Hi there!
I'm not sure if it's too late to give you my opinion or not, but I just ordered an InStep UL2*** (I forget what model number I have) Double Stroller and I love it!! I ordered it from a registered nurse in Florida. Her name is Heidi and her email is [email protected]. I got my stroller for $165 + S&H and I got it in a week. The service was wonderful and her on-line "store" has EVERYTHING for mommies on the go! She is registered through eBay and the store is called Mother's Milk Breastfeeding Supplie. Forgive me, but I forget the website address. Anyway, if you haven't already gotten one, you might want to give this woman a shot. Give her my name and email address if you would as a referral. I'd appreciate it! Good luck finding a stroller!

Kris Eberly
[email protected]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.