Does ANYONE out there have this horrible pelvic pain?

Clarissa

Cathlete
I am so tired of it. I am waaaaay too active to let this get in my way. I am rickety. I feel rickety, like a very old woman. I know, I know, I am on my feet too much, but I mean, just turning in bed at night is the most painful experience you can think of, relatively speaking of course. Just to get up and down from the couch to go pee hurts, and then again up and down from the toilet. I limp now in front of my clients! I am in my 32 week. Please, can someone tell me anything that will help? I love my Dr. but I doubt he would take it too seriously. He will just say to "take it easy", I just know it.

Thanks.

Clarissa, I have no real advice. I am not pregnant right now, but remember feeling that way towards the end. At least you just have 8 weeks to go. Hang in there and sorry you are having a rough time!

I can sympathize!
I wish I could tell you that there was something that I did that made it better, but there wasn't. Hot water bottles/baths were about all I could do, and of course, that only helped a little bit, becuase I couldn't tolerate the heat very long!

I hated life the last 6 weeks or so of being pregnant. Everything hurt down there. Walking, peeing, "rolling over" - I can't call it rolling since it's a 27 step process with a belly that big!, even sitting sucked with not being able to cross your legs (that hurt to try too!).

So I don't have any suggestions for you, unfortunatley. Just wanted to tell you that I've felt your pain!

clarissa, i had my 3rd about 3 months ago and i would often have that pain too. what gave me relief every time was a trip to the chiro. your belly pulls ligaments out of place and your pubic bone gets pulled out of place too. he would (and soooo not in a gross way) shift my pubic bone back into place. i would feel immediate relief. step aerobics really aggravated it.

hang in there! not long to go now!:)

Thanks. I am just really really down right now. I feel like the baby will just "fall" out of me. Frequent BH contractions, carrying REALLLLLY low, so lots of pressure. I can't believe how different this pregnancy is. I just feel so helpless. Thank you for your suggestions.

Hi Clarissa,
It sounds to me like you might be experiencing SPD (Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction). I had this in my third pregnancy starting at the end of my 1st trimester. It is widely recognized in Europe but less known by medical professionals in the U.S it seems. I had to educate my general practitioner about it last time. Do a google search for it and you will find much information and other symptoms of this to see if it is what you have. Basically, the pregnancy hormone relaxin causes it by softening the joints of the pelvis which causes the pelvis to be out of joint, thus causing the intense pain. It is extremely difficult to spread your legs, get in and out of bed or the car, and just walk/move in general. I ended up giving birth on my hands and knees so as to avoid damaging my pelvis further during delivery. (sorry if that is too much info!!)

I am currently 22 weeks pregnant with my 4th baby and so far, it hasdn't come back to the extent that it was last time. I am waiting for it to come (chances are it will reappear) and every day pain free I am so grateful. Let me know if you have any questions and if you find out if it is truly what you have after googlin it.

Also, midwives and some OB's are generally much more aware of the condition (at least that is my experience with this pregnany and having midwives...they all seem to know what it is when I bring it up!!).

Take care!!!!

Oh, thank you so much. I will research this. I am not using a mid-wife. That is not the way I like to go, but I will inform my doctor. I'll see if he knows about this.

Clarissa

Clarissa,

I'm only 25 weeks with my first so I don't have any idea what this is like. I just wanted to tell you that I'm thinking of you and sending you some warm vibes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.