Does alot of jumping while pregnant hurt or bother the baby?

sarah2184

Hi, this is my first time on this forum. I am 14 weeks pregnant and haven't been able to work out for the last three months because I have felt so ill. Before this I worked out with all Cathe's dvds with ease. Know that I am feeling better I would like to start working out again. Is it ok to start with the same intensity as before or should I start slower. I ordered shock cardio and would like to try them, but does a lot of jumping hurt or bother the baby while inside? Are you only supposed to do low impact exercises? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I do not know the scientific answer to this but I will tell you when I was pregnant with my first about 11 years ago (he's 10), I worked out pretty much every day and he practically came out of the womb bouncing/jumping and has not stopped! He's got classic ADHD. Do I think my exercising did that? Not really, but it's a funny story when you see how much he really does bounce/jump. But, he was born five weeks early (my water broke, I did not go into labor and we had to induce) and I do think the exercising might have come into play with that -- hard to say. His umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck and nearly half as long as a typical cord, so, he did need some assistance!

I am no doctor, but ask yours what they think is appropriate. My doctor told me to do anything I did before I got pregnant. I worked out up until the day I delivered, even did Body Max 2 the day before. I ran through my pregnancy, stayed as healthy as I could. When my son was born with a scary genetic disease, hemophilia, I could have easily gone into depression. I believe that exercise helped me stay positive. He is healthy in all respects (despite hte hemophilia) and has a great demeanor. He loves to go int hte jogging stroller every morning, and I swear he remembers the womb! Ask your doctor, wear a heart rate monitor. And, listen to the body.

Sarah,

Congratulations to you on your pregnancy. I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy.

What I decided to do for myself was still workout 5-6 days a week for now while I still can because I know once I start progressing it probably become uncomfortable with a big belly to still workout at that point I probably just do some walking when that does happen. I have cut down on the intensity and length. I do around 45 min now workouts like low max the premix only the step part only not the blasts. Kickmax just the 3 combos and the leg drills I did PUB up only premix last night. I did modify this one a bit. I felt uncomfortable doing dumbell pullovers. I will still do cathe dvd's but low impact cardio dvd's and endurance weight work. I also did Butt and Gutts premix leg blast that one was great.

Sorry for rambling but I thought the same thing to myself and was wondering which dvd's I shouldnt do and stuff like that but I just decided to take it easy and not worry about it. I'd rather be safe than sorry...I know I will lose strength but I will get it all back once again.

Have a great day.

Hi Sarah. I am in the same boat as you. I am 12 weeks and I have done NOTHING since conception I think lol! I was so sick and tired. I am JUST starting to feel a little better. I am getting laid off from work today (go figure) so I will have more time in the day. I plan on going back to it with Cathe and Chalean (turbo jams). I am just going to modify where I feel it necessary. I know (as long as no complications) that it is safe to run, and that seems pretty bouncy to me lol. SO, I would just listen to your body. Having to take 3 months off may make you want to start a bit slower anyhow. I think your body will tell you what is OK and what is not.
I hope to keep it up until my due date like the other ladies here. I just want to be healthy and fit so I can bounce back quicker afterwards.

ANyway, good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.