Beco baby carrier

chefkate

Cathlete
Do you have one? Do you love it? Hate it?

I'm thinking about getting one....
But Baby can't face out? Right? Are hip carries comfortable/easy with it?

The Ergo seems like it would be bulky.....?

Help me spend some money! :D

I have a moby but it's such a PITB for being out and about.
My lil' chunker is just too heavy for my my Baby Bjorn. In fact, if you would like to purchase the Bjorn....cheap....shoot me a PM.

hi kate - i just googled beco and it really looks the same as ergo. i love my ergo. got it bc my wrap (like moby) was inded a PITB when out and abt... super comfy once on but difficult to manuever in public, dragging on the ground while trying to re-wrap, etc. LOVE my ergo, i can put it on and off EASILY by myself. can walk a mile or two with it on very comfortably. sometimes if i have more groceries than usual i will wear jj home in the ergo and push the stroller with the groceries... i dont find it bulky. true it doesnt squish up as small as the wrap but it still fits under the stroller with my diaper bag and a few library books lol! i guess the one downside i can think of is that wearing it when the baby is not in it is not quite as comfy or cute as the wrap with no baby in it because it just hangs down around your waist. ods makes fun, says it looks like im wearing a fanny pack!

wendy

ETA: so after looking at all the adorable prints, the beco is def way cuter than ergo, ergo is just simple, solid colors (but bonus that it matches everything). maybe check out reviews on thebabywearer and try to compare? i just think so much is determined by our own body type and where we "carry" our aches and pains... what works for one may not for another, yknow?

Last edited:
Thanks so much Wnedy! That helps! I did read some over at TBW. They seem pretty similar.... I don't think I'll be able to resist the cute prints on the Beco! I found a site that ships Beco's for free and you get a pair of babylegs leg warmers for free. I HEART those things! My DDs and I have a mild addiciton to tights and knee socks!

I have one but I've yet to try it even though you can with little babies. I use the sling alot now. I plan to get it out soon though. I got it off of the advice of other moms. many said it is like the ergo but with cute prints etc and said it was great.

I have a Babyhawk Mei Tai that I love. The Beco is a soft-structured carrier like the Ergo. I think they are cute and a nice compromise between a mei tai and bjorn type carrier. It is some $$$, but if you will make good use of it, go for it! I would love to get one also, but I am really trying hard to stay on this budget thing and I love my Babyhawk and so does P so it's all good.

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.