Baby Brody Philip is born!

Clarissa

Cathlete
Hello all. I am home from the hospital but have little time here...

He was born at 1015 pm on 3/11. He was 8 lbs 15 oz and 21.5 inches long. He is the sweetest ever. He is just the sweetest ever and beautiful and perfect.

Well at first let me say that I am severely hypotensive so initially before even being induced I had my blood drawn as we all do during/before labor. I fainted already during that (psychological and physiologica combined reaction) and that was the scariest thing ever in the world. I was blind and deaf due to fainting and my BP went to 27/13. Sweat was profuse. It was scary. I begged for help. I was given oxygen and I sort of convulsed I guess. Dr said I was given the most effedrine any patient he ever gave it to. I am drugged right now sorry if I don't make sense. Then I was induced w/ pitocin later once I came to. Then I was given the epidural when contractions were too bad at 4 cm or so. epidural was fine w/ my last two babies, recall. Birth was heaven for the last two babies.... BUT...my epidural was faulty this time. It never worked. They also would not redo it because of my reaction this time... meaning, I faited a second time at the epidural and was given extreme effedrine again to come to.
I had long labor and I pushed out a large baby who ended up being posterior (so I also had natural back labor). I was scared to death. I never knew pain like that, but I appreciate it after the fact. I would do it again actually. However, when Brody was born, he could not breathe on his own from the trauma and being large-ish (recall he is a week early and still 9 lbs and was posterior and I am a pretty small person) so he was resusitated by hand by like 9 doctors and all kinds of scary stuff. In the end...all is well w/ Brody. He will be completely fine so please dont worry at all.

HOwever, due to my already diastasis of pubic bone, I cannot walk due to the spread eagle of labor and hyperxtending my legs. I am in a wheelchair and am devastated. I have to pee and other stuff in a bedpan and am scared to death. My stitches hurt too. I have to see physical therapy and have xrays. I have to have someone help me and am embarrassed and sad about it. Please pray for me. I am so scared. I have to go for now and feed the baby. I hope to walk again in a few weeks w/ a walker. I won't be on cathe much anymore for now but will post pics when I can. I don't have my camera around as I just got home 2hrs ago. Maybe I will find time this weekend, okay? Hope all is well w/ you all. Clarissa

First off, congratulations! Wow, what a series of events. I will pray for a quick and speedy recovery for you. Hang in there, we're all rooting for you to heal soon.

Lisa

clarissa, congratulations & hugs!!

try to remember the goal is a healthy baby & you did that! the rest is details!
you are a strong woman and you WILL get your strength back!

now, go smooch on that baby & smell his sweet head for me!:D

Congrats Clarissa!! Glad Brody is ok. I hope you heal quickly and don't have any lasting effects from that. sorry your epi didn't take. :( Hope we get to see pics soon! :)

congrats on that big and healthy babe! i will say a little prayer for your speedy recovery. in the meantime, try to enjoy the "laying around" time with your little angel!

wendy

Clarissa,
My heart goes out to you for what you had to go through! I know that you must be exhausted. But I am so happy that your little one is healthy! Congratulations on your beautiful baby! I agree with Kate, you are a very strong woman and will regain your strength in time. Don't let it get you down, and if you start to feel blue, please talk it out with someone. You've been through a great ordeal, but you'll bounce back because you are in such great shape! Feel better soon, rest and enjoy this little blessing of yours!! Hugs!!

WWWOOOAHHHH girl! You've been through alot!!!!!! Congrats on the baby...u can count on my prayers!

Dear God,
I pray right NOW that you will envelope this precious woman of yours with incredible peace. That you will touch her with your perfect hands, allowing for 100 percent, perfect healing. Allow this incredible warrior of yours to enjoy her time with her new wee-one and other two children (along with her husband). Give her energy, Lord!

Amen!

Keep us posted. :D

Wow Clarissa!!!! Congratulations and welcome baby Brody!! I too am sending a prayer for you to get well quickly. Thank heavens that you are as strong and healthy as you are. Rest up and hug your perfect baby boy.
You’re in my thoughts. Congratulations again to you and your family.

Dear Clarissa,

I'm so happy that you and Brody are okay. And I'm sorry that things didn't go as smoothly as before. You, Brody, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. All the best to you dearie! And if you need anything, be sure to PM me!

http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYNWUS Oh Clariss! What a birth story you & Brody will share for many years to come! I am so happy you both are finally on the road thru the ordeal.
Take care of each other! Think of your wheelchair time as Gods way of giving you a little extra break before you have to start running like a crazy woman & trainer again.
Sending much love & many healing thoughts your way!

Hello all. I am home from the hospital but have little time here...

He was born at 1015 pm on 3/11. He was 8 lbs 15 oz and 21.5 inches long. He is the sweetest ever. He is just the sweetest ever and beautiful and perfect.

Well at first let me say that I am severely hypotensive so initially before even being induced I had my blood drawn as we all do during/before labor. I fainted already during that (psychological and physiologica combined reaction) and that was the scariest thing ever in the world. I was blind and deaf due to fainting and my BP went to 27/13. Sweat was profuse. It was scary. I begged for help. I was given oxygen and I sort of convulsed I guess. Dr said I was given the most effedrine any patient he ever gave it to. I am drugged right now sorry if I don't make sense. Then I was induced w/ pitocin later once I came to. Then I was given the epidural when contractions were too bad at 4 cm or so. epidural was fine w/ my last two babies, recall. Birth was heaven for the last two babies.... BUT...my epidural was faulty this time. It never worked. They also would not redo it because of my reaction this time... meaning, I faited a second time at the epidural and was given extreme effedrine again to come to.
I had long labor and I pushed out a large baby who ended up being posterior (so I also had natural back labor). I was scared to death. I never knew pain like that, but I appreciate it after the fact. I would do it again actually. However, when Brody was born, he could not breathe on his own from the trauma and being large-ish (recall he is a week early and still 9 lbs and was posterior and I am a pretty small person) so he was resusitated by hand by like 9 doctors and all kinds of scary stuff. In the end...all is well w/ Brody. He will be completely fine so please dont worry at all.

HOwever, due to my already diastasis of pubic bone, I cannot walk due to the spread eagle of labor and hyperxtending my legs. I am in a wheelchair and am devastated. I have to pee and other stuff in a bedpan and am scared to death. My stitches hurt too. I have to see physical therapy and have xrays. I have to have someone help me and am embarrassed and sad about it. Please pray for me. I am so scared. I have to go for now and feed the baby. I hope to walk again in a few weeks w/ a walker. I won't be on cathe much anymore for now but will post pics when I can. I don't have my camera around as I just got home 2hrs ago. Maybe I will find time this weekend, okay? Hope all is well w/ you all. Clarissa

Clarissa,

Congratulations on a healthy baby, and we'll be wishing for a speedy recovery for you. You've given us all so much encouragement; now I hope we can repay it with our prayers for you.

Wishing you all the best,
Dawn

Wow! You went through a lot to get that precious, perfect little guy. I'll be saying prayers for a speedy, smooth, complete recovery for you.

Tana

Thanks everyone. And guess what? I am walking again already! I just need a walker and sometimes even just a cane. It is getting easier to take care of him by myself. Now I just have to get past this horribly painful engorgement! UGH! :)

Oh Clarissa--I am so glad that it all ended well--what an ordeal. Just prayed for you--keep us posted--I'm off to look at the pics (((hugs)))

Maggie

What a scary delivery experience, start to finish. What a blessing that you are both okay, and that you can walk again so quickly.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.