Baby arrival!

melmeadows

Cathlete
Hey ya!

Due to my hypertension (PIH not preeclampsia) we went in for induction on 3/1. After 24 hours of labor, Evan was born by c-section on 3/3 at 1234 am at 7 lbs 4 oz! He is so precious and super cute. We are blessed to have him in our lives. Breast feeding is a challenge having to use supplement. But, I am persevering : )

Hope everyone is doing well!
I will up load a picture, when I figure it out, having computer issues on my end.
Melanie

Melanie,

Congratulations!!

Breastfeeding did not work out for me. I even went on meds to increase breast milk supply and the most I got pumping 7 times in 24 hours was less than 8 oz. I was upset with it at the time but am over it. I think there was a combo of things that contributed to it or maybe I just was not going to produce anyway. Hope it goes as planned for you. My doctor said the first few days before your milk comes in is the most important.

Good luck and I hope he is a good baby for you!!!

Melanie,

Congratulations!!! It sounded like you had a long and rough labor but I'm glad everyone made it through okay! I can't wait to see some pictures!!

Yay Melanie! Congratulations! I am so happy for you! Much hugs to your whole family, especially little Evan!

Hi Mel!
Congratulations! Evan is SO cute! I delivered via c-section following a long labor as well, and breastfeeding was also a challenge. Bf seems to be a challenge for a lot of unplanned c-section moms. I spoke to lactation consultants and La Leche League members, but honestly the best advice I got was from other breastfeeding moms, including moms here! I ended up purchasing a pump from a lactation consultant who is an authorized reseller for Medela, at a pretty substantial discount from retail. You might consider that, or renting a hospital-grade pump. I've heard that pumping a lot in the early weeks, even if you're not getting much, is helpful in stimulating milk production. I pumped after almost every feed with Elizabeth and took Mother's Milk (Fenugreek/Blessed Thistle supplement) and got a pretty good supply going.

And, DO persevere with whatever feeding choice is best for you. I was bound & determined to nurse, and after EIGHT WEEKS, Elizabeth finally started latching on more consistently. Before that it was pumping & bottle feeding combined with a nipple shield to help her latch on. And if you decide not to nurse, that's great too! Whatever choice keeps mom & baby healthy & happy is the right choice. It looks like Evan is healthy & happy now!

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments for baby Evan

I can't believe he will be one month old tomorrow!!

Wastewitch -- thanks for the encouragement! Breast feeding is getting better, for the most part. My only problem is I have enough milk for him feeding, but not enough to build a supply. I wanted to slowly build a supply for when I return to work in June. Still have time, but I work 24 hour shifts. On those days I think we will have to supplement w/formula, which I am okay with by then. Who knows, my production my pick up. I am trying not to stress out about it, at least he is getting what he needs now : )

Mel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.