Any one here going to start STS

goldenrun358

Cathlete
Just wandering what those who are pregnant think about starting STS. Is it too intense? Or will you just modify?

Thanks ladies!

I'm wondering this too. I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to modify as much as I need to and still get as good a workout. I was going to ask the same question.

I asked the same thing in the STS forum. I wasn't sure if it was good to start this when pregnant.

I had this same concern too and had posted a question for Cathe, but i never got a reply. I did not really expect one. I ordered it last january and found out in june i was pregnant. I said oh man! i wont be able to do STS. But its still not arrived and im due in about 5 weeks. Im going to attempt it as a post baby workout/get my body back program. Of course, thats in an ideal world. Who knows if i will have the time to workout like i do now once my little one gets here.

I know when you are pregnant you are not supposed to try to gain improvement, you are just supposed to maintain. Remember your ligatments and tendons etc are more vulnerable and therefore you can easily injure yourself.

Thats just my opinion :) I was wondering the same thing, but its still not here yet and my baby almost is! Good luck to allt he new mommies/mommies to be!

I'll probably save it sigh!! I have lots of good workouts to do till then and to modify as much as I want without worrying about the whole system working good for me. I'll have to wait till I'm ready to dedicate myself after baby. If someone tries it while expecting though let us know what you think.

I am pretty sure Cathe or SNM responded somewhere and mentioned it is not recommended for pregnant women....I am trying to conceive and remember being bummed about possibly getting it and not being able to use it based on reading the response, but then I perked up when I realized it would probably be an excellent "get back into shape after baby" regimen.

well having tried out CLX and trying to cart around heavy weights I realized that would be better for after baby. So probably the same for STS. Plus looking at clips of STS there was all that jumping on and off a step with risers up pretty high... not sure If I'd even attempt pull ups right now. ha. so oh well.

I am planning to do the workout, but on a much more scaled back version (ie lighter weights). Unless my practitioner says not to.

sts

It's torture. I finally have sts in my hands and can't do it. 6 weeks till baby arrives. I'm afraid I won't be ready for awhile after baby is born. I might start with CLX to start and then do STS. I want to get some of my strength back before I attempt it.

Mary

So is anyone doing it? Mine arrived the week after I found out I was pregnant. I waited, what, 10 months for the DVDs and now I'm afraid to use them!! So they are gathering dust :(

I'm due in September. That's a loooooong time to wait LOL

Pondering the STS Cardio pre-order, thinking the whole STS system would be great post-partum.

I am in the middle of STS and am just dropping my weights down to "maintenance" level. I figure if I have to push for the last three reps, I am too heavy for that exercise. STS has not been hard to modify, and I am still getting a good workout, just making sure I do not get strength gains.
I find that weight workouts are easier to modify for me, becase with cardio I get so into what I am doing I forget to pay attention to my heartrate and it gets too high.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.