37 weeks...tick, tick, tick!

tchersue

Cathlete
I'm actually feeling better this week than last, but am I ever ready for this to be over with!! Anyone else further along than me still hanging around and need to commiserate??

I've been a little lazier about my workouts the last week or so. I feel a lot more exhausted lately if I do more than about 20-30 minutes of cardio at a time. I'm pretty much concentrating on the swimming at this point... and doing a lot of stretching at home...

Someone send me some labor vibes!!!
:)
Susan

Hang in there Susan. You're on the home stretch!!! But I know , the last month is the worst. Labor vibes are being sent your way.

Becky

I have 9 days until my due date. Yesterday, I did all of Power Hour, minus the abs, then I did the step portion of All Step. I find that I have to modify my stepping so much that it almost doesn't seem worth it, but I do still break a great sweat, with 37 extra pounds to lug up and down the step!

I used to work out 2 hours, 5 or 6 times a week. Now, any time I do more than an hour, it's a cause for celebration. Like you, I have lost some of my motivation, and tend to take off 3 days (or sometimes even 4!)in a week, if I'm not up to it.

Even if I had a pool to swim in, you wouldn't catch me DEAD in a bathing suit. I commend you for your self esteem. Swimming must feel wonderful at this point in your pregnancy.

Lately, I've been sleeping VERY poorly, waking for 2 hour stretches in the middle of the night, thinking about labor, when it will happen, how painful it will be, etc. It is all-consuming. The bright side of that is, it's more sleep than I'll be getting in a couple of weeks!

In the meantime, I am still working (part time) as a pastry chef, which entails a lot of hours on my feet. That kills the lower back more than any step workout, and usually knocks me out the next day as well. And talk about swollen ankles and feet!

Hang in there, Susan! We're almost there!!

I can relate to the lack of sleep... I was up at 3:30 a.m. w/ false labor today... an occasional contraction in my lower abs with a peak... but mostly just crampy in my lower back and lower abdomen. x(

Dh was sweet -- rubbed my back and offered to time contractions, but they weren't regular enough to keep track of -- so I finally got out of bed, cleaned the kitchen, did laundry, and organized my office. Can we say NESTING?? LOLOL :)

So now it's 9:45 a.m., and I'm exhausted (I went to bed at like 11:30 p.m. last night)... Aaron had better take a good long nap tonight!

Hee hee -- the only reason I can get up the nerve to swim is that there is a water aerobics class full of old ladies (I'd say that most of them are in their 70s or 80s) at the time I go... and they are always nice and smile at me :) I figure that if they can still put on a bathing suit with all of their wrinkles and saggy parts, I can do it, too LOLOL :)

You go girl :) I guess this is God's way of getting us ready for no sleep when the babies arrive??
Susan
:-jumpy (LOL -- that's me trying to shake that baby out!)

I can identify with the nesting too. In the past month, I have not only cleaned every inch of the house, but also planted perennials all over the yard, so I'll never have to think about the garden again. hahah!

Aaron is a beatiful name... It also happens to be the name we chose for our baby!

At least you're having contractions...I don't even know what they're like yet!

I'm not too far being you both. I am 35 weeks but am having a planned c-section at 39 weeks on May 28th. I definitely agree with you about the workouts. They have gotten so much harder and even though I feel like I am barely doing anything I am sweating up a storm lol! I find that if I do more than 30 mins or so of working out it really wipes me out for the rest of the day. I guess I'm just thankful I can keep moving because working out still makes me feel so much better even at a VERY modified pace.

Sleep is also tough for me too. I constantly wake up because I end up on my back and feel the discomfort of the baby and have to resituate (which is a major production at this point hehe!). I have entered the nesting phase too! In fact I somehow convinced my poor husband that since we were painting and redoing a room for the baby we should do our whole hallway/steps/living room/dining room too! Needless to say he is counting down the days till this pregnancy is over :D

Sending you both some labor vibes and thoughts and prayers for safe, healthy and easy deliveries! Keep us posted.

Alison

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-02-02 AT 03:39AM (Est)[/font][p]Hi Susan! Just up doing a feeding and thought I would pop on to browse ;-)! I'm actually teary eyed reading your post. I NEVER thought I would say this (as a matter of fact on April 14th I would have thought I was absolutely crazy for saying this)but I miss being pregnant. As physically uncomfortable as it was by the end, it was a look and feeling that I had "grown" into and had come to know well and enjoy. I had a routine of what to wear, what to eat, how to modify workouts, what food and drink to stay away from etc. Then suddenly you have the baby, and while you couldn't be happier, the body that you had nurtured for so many months instantly changes. Not only that but EVERYTHING changes; your daily routine, foods, clothes, sleep,etc. You have new aches and pains, new adjustments, new concerns and joys........just so much new so fast. It is not a bad thing but when the "dust" starts to settle and you have a moment to think (like I am having now) and read about those who you shared a pregnancy with and still have not had their baby yet, you can really get emotional. You'll see what I mean shortly :)!

Well, my little munchie, who I love with all my heart, is all finished so I guess I will grab a couple of more hours sleep for now. Just wanted you to know that I am envying your pregnancy right now yet totally relating to your final countdown days/weeks too. Take Care!

Wow Eclair, how exciting to meet your baby today. I bet you didn't sleep at all last night. I'm so happy for you. Best of luck and please post and let us know how everything went (that is when you find some time,;-))

Hi Cathe :)

LOL -- Aren't you good typing and feeding your little guy at the same time :)

I didn't see your post until today! What nice thoughts for these last few weeks~~ and it's so great to hear from you!

How is it mothering two little guys? I think I have more trepidation about that than the birth itself. Aaron is so demanding all on his own -- I keep wondering how it'll all work itself out with two little boys!

38 weeks tomorrow... these last few weeks have gone by soooo slowly! I seem to be alternating between good days and bad now... lots of BH contractions (including one that was, no kidding 2 minutes long and painful last night... what was that all about?) and crampiness. I don't think my OB will do another cervical exam, so no telling if any of this is causing anything to happen! I was "1 cm. and soft, but still long" as of last week. All I know is that I've finally reached the stage where I can't even really sit down comfortably unless I lean back (ever see the "Married With Children" episodes when Peg was pregnant? I get up like her now LOL)... so the end must be near :)

I'm only doing swimming workouts now... I won't teach my prenatal class again until the beginning of July... I miss my moms already... but in the meantime, I'm glad to have this board to come to!

Take care of you and that new baby!!
Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.