37 weeks and counting

Tammyspq

Cathlete
Well I just had to post because the three birth announcements have me so excited. I'm due with my first 9/9 and can't wait. I think I have dropped but I'm not sure. I just know I feel what is supposed to be the babies head lower than before. Lots of low-back pain and can't walk nearly as fast as I'm used to. I must say that I'm truly going to miss being pregnant but can not wait to see our little "mister-sister". We don't know the sex and that is part of my new anticipation. Green, yellow and white are getting a little old and I want to know which cute outfits I can buy (so they can be soiled;)

I must say that all the women on this site have really inspired me personally and professionally. I hope to take Sheila's certifcation post-partum to offer a great pre-post-natal class. I am still surprised at how in awe so many people are by the exercise that I do while pregnant (which pales in comparison to many of you!!). I think that what I do is not that much but that all women (mommies or not) underestimate themselves.

Anyhoo, I'm just babbling and can't wait to post the birth of my baby sometime soon!

Keep on keepin' on! jeni

Hey, Jeni!

It's just around the corner for you! How exciting that you will have the sheer delight when you see the sex of your sweet lil' thing!!! Also, how nice that you are thinking of doing the pre/post natal class. What a great gift to offer others. I too, am in awe of those that can exercise thru their pregnancy, including YOU! Keep us posted. Can't wait to hear if it's a mister or a sister!! LOL! Too cute!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi Jeni!
Woohoo to you--you are so close! I am only entering my 16th week so I have a long way to go. I did buy my first pair of maternity pants today though I am not big enough to wear them yet but it was exciting anyway. Congrats to you for exercising throughout the long haul. Don't underestimate what you do. I know too many women who sit around on their duffs while they are pregnant and end up gaining huge amounts of weight--they use pregnancy as an excuse to relax and overeat. I plan on exercising as much as I can until the end though I do have to say that my intensity level pales in comparison to what I used to do. I keep telling myself that everything I do is better than nothing. I am still lifting weights to fatique and am doing a lot of walking and some step aerobics as well. My energy levels have not been great so I do the best I can.

One question for you: you said you were going to do Sheila's prenatal/postpartum certification. How does one go about doing this? Is it a long distance learning thing or do you have to physically go to a class? I am a personal trainer and would love to obtain this certification as something extra to offer new clients. Being pregnant myself, I will have the added benefit of first hand experience.

Very, very exciting! :)

Hope you are getting some sleep!!!

You'll love working with pregnant/postpartum moms... you meet so many interesting women from all walks of life, but everyone had their pregnancies/babies in common, and it's so much fun.

Here are some labor vibes your way! ~~~~~~~~~
Susan

Hey beets! Sheila's website is www.healthymomsfitness.com. She posts when they do offer certifications but I missed the one in Chicago last December. I e-mailed her and she said that I can take it as a home study for the same price but would not get CECs for it. It sorta bummed me out, and I'd LOVE to take the actual certification in person but I'm not sure when she's going to be this way again. From all the e-mails on this website from those to teach it, I just decided that I'd take it at home and to heck with the CECs. I figure I'll be able to make back the money pretty quickly by offering the classes and then I can take another;)

I'll let you know how it goes. Oh, I was going to say, I ended up only teaching BodyPUMP 4-5xs a week during my pregancy. Cardio seemed to escape me as I am an avid runner and couldn't run enjoyable from the first trimester due to baby-on-the-bladder syndrome. Still, I credit the strength training with keeping my shape. I ended having a fairly high-fat diet (boo-hoo) so my body fat is not what I'd like but I'm hoping that once I start cardio again (post-partum) my body will be like "WWWOOO-HHHOOO!!" and starting leaning out. Still - a small price to pay for my handsome reward!!

Good luck and keep me posted! jeni

RE: Very, very exciting! :)

I'm getting solid sleep between pottey-trips;) You know, I used to teach pre/post-natal classes years ago but, not surprisingly, this would be the only time I'd teach and had a kid myself. Still, Sheila's certification sounds like such a great program that should be in all clubs. I want to shatter the idea that just because I exercised in my pregnancy does not mean that I could go to the Olympics but rather, I prepared for pregnancy before-hand, and that helped me while pregnant (and will hopefully help me post-partum). You've have been a real inspiration!

jeni

Seems like just yesterday that I was at 37 weeks!! It will be over before you know it. You are having the same symptoms I was having as I passed the 39-week point, so who knows, you may go early.

Good luck!!

Jeni,

Anticipation........ We can't wait to get that birth announcement and you let me know when you are ready to get that certification!

Good luck! We are all pulling for you.

Sheila

Sheila S. Watkins, MLSci.
Founder and National Program Director
Healthy Moms Fitness
www.healthymomsfitness.com

Good luck to you, Jeni! Your enthusiasm is contagious -- if you think you're excited now, your heart may just explode once you meet your new little girl or guy (we're all dying to know which it is too!). This is such an exciting time -- enjoy every minute.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.