3 months pp and scale is stuck...

eren

Hey all you wise ones--I am 3 months pp with child #3. I am stuck at about 13-14lbs over by pre preg weight (130). I work out 3-5 times per week. Lifting 2 of those days, cardio (step, kickboxing--mostly KPC-- and spinning) the rest. So no wussy workouts here!

I'm not a clean eating saint, but I do well most of the time. I am nursing and he is eating every 21/2 to 3 hours still (except at night--he eats once during the night). Why won't the scale budge? I am noticing I am slimming somewhat in my waist and hips, but the SCALE! I don't want to be a slave to it, but I'm frustrated. Did anyone else have this experience or have any tips??
TIA,
Eren

I am two months pp and still hanging on to the extra 40 POUNDS I gained, so I personally don't have any advice, but my sister, who breastfed both of her babies said that she didn't see a noticeable difference until she stopped breastfeeding. Not to say that you should stop -- just be patient. Maybe your body is hanging on to fat stores because of the breastfeeding and will shed them once you stop at a pretty fast pace. Plus, 13-14 pounds isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. Oh to be in your shoes!! ;)

I don't have advice either other than to say that my baby will be NINE months soon and I weigh just as much as I did at my 6 week pp check-up (which is what I also weighed when I was 20 weeks preg!) I don't own a scale, and that helps take a lot of the worry out of it. Are your clothes fitting looser? I finally was able to see a 4-pack (no 6-pack yet) in my abs after I stopped breastfeeding, so if you are close to your ideal size, your body may hang on to a little extra until you're done nursing.

Hey Eren,

I am 3 months pp and was only 3 lbs. overweight at my 6 week check-up. However, my stomach is still too big for my taste and I don't know what happened to my butt which seemed to merge with my back during my pregnancy...

I am still breastfeeding and if things go according to plan, I will be until my baby's one. Even if this means holding on to extra fat. I am also working out using the Intensity series, but I must admit the eating's not so good. My point is, I would be ecstatic if I was feeling slimmer or my body parts would go back to where they were... regardless of what the scale said! Then again, I have never ever been a slave to the scale. In fact, in the past when people found out how much I weighed they would always say "but you don't look like you weigh that much..." And I liked saying "it's because I lift weights."

My advice is throw out that scale (or at least put it away for a while) and go by the way your clothes fit! It's a much better indicator IMO.

Thanks you guys, that makes me feel much better. People have said that I look great for 3 months and I do attribute that to the lifting. My clothes are a full size (at least) bigger than normal, i'm not getting into pre preg pants by any means, but you are right, it is worth it. The few extra pounds are not a big deal when you think about what you're giving to the sweet babies through breastfeeding. I do think i keep that extra "layer" on while breastfeeding, especially when it is still so frequent during the day.

I just have to stop associating my weight with how i feel about myself (i feel like Dr. Phil, Lord help me :)).

I appreciate your feedback!
Eren

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.