yoga x

kariev

Cathlete
for those that have p90x, what do you think of yoga x? i was thinking about getting it and doing it a couple times per week. Is it a power yoga workout? also, can anyone else recommend some power yoga workouts?

I thought it was okay, but I'm a RYT at the 200+ level. For beginners, it's sufficient, and maybe a little advanced. For advanced yogis, it's not enough. I love Bryan Kest, but more of his audio CDs rather than his DVDs, which are a little short time-wise.

I love yoga x! I am probably an advanced beginner and I find it doable, but certainly not too easy or boring. There are a lot of modifiers for beginners which I appreciate but it's also exciting to see what I could achieve when my flexibility increases. It IS long, but I have stopped it after the 1st 45 minutes, which is standing poses. I feel very flexible afterwards and definitely like I've gotten a nice workout.

Becky

I LOVE P90X Yoga X. I found it very challenging but at the same time very doable. It runs about an hour and a half. I also like Bryan Kest. His yoga workouts are very powerful.

It's nice to see others who enjoy YogaX. I like it and even though it is long, I feel thoroughly worked afterward. I seem to read more opinions of others who do not like it. I have a limited collection of yoga, but enjoy: Deb Dobbin's "Spirit of Vinyasa Flow"; Tilak Pyle's "Altar of the Heart" (a feel good yoga); and Ravi & Ana's "Yoga Beauty Body" (Kundalini).

I love Yoga X. Actually, I've only done it once but found it challenging but doable like some of the other posters said. I'm beginner/intermediate when it comes to yoga. It is long but I did feel like I got a good workout/stretch. I have Bryan Krest & Rodney Yee and like those as well.

I thought it was okay, but I'm a RYT at the 200+ level. For beginners, it's sufficient, and maybe a little advanced. For advanced yogis, it's not enough. I love Bryan Kest, but more of his audio CDs rather than his DVDs, which are a little short time-wise.

Laura - can I ask a question of you?? What type of yoga instructor/trained are you?? I am thinking of doing this. I have heard of YogaFit and YogaWorks. Can you please give me any incite.

Bryan Kest - what a hunk!

Some of Bryan's earlier workouts are about an hour long. I don't know if you want a long session or just more intense. I like yoga today because they have both beginner's workouts and more advanced workouts. I haven't tried the yoga x.

I liked Yoga X in the beginning but it got old fast for me. I just don't care to do 90 minutes of yoga. Honestly, I love Tony but I think if he cut back on his chatter it might be shorter! :) I wish it had a menu that allowed you to pick and chose what sections of the workout you wanted to do. It's a challenging workout though.

I like Baron Baptiste right now. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.