Yet another CLX question - well okay a couple of them

Ffte

Cathlete
Hi All,
I just took a look at a promo for CLX. It looks like it uses a lot of compound moves. I've never been a fan of compound moves, but I'm not a fan of kale either, but I know it's good for me. :)

I'm thinking the compound moves would be good for my core, which really needs help.

Any thoughts? I know some people don't look at it as being challenging after STS, but I think shaking it up and doing something different might be good while I wait for STS Cardio.

Also, is CLX a 90 day program? How many days a week are her workouts? Is it easy to schedule in or really strict on what is done on what days?

The other thing is I am also eying up Shaun T's Insanity.... decisions, decisions....

Thanks for your input...

I've posted my reasons for not liking CLX before, and one of the biggest is its use of compound moves; specifically, its compound moves often pair two exercises with vastly different weight requirements- like a deadlift with a reverse fly. I find that it is ineffective and potentially dangerous.

Thanks for you input. I have now talked myself off the ledge. I do think compound moves can be okay if you're careful about not going too heavy. Going lighter on deadlifts can allow you to focus on your form when you do. I would never want to use compound moves all the time.

However after thinking about working out to Chalean 5 or 6 days a week for many weeks on end I changed my mind (based on my experience with TJ). I can take her in small doses, but I find her personally a bit too "Hollywood" or maybe "cool kid" for my personal taste over the long haul.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.