Yay or nay? White stockings with black shoes....

dss62467

Cathlete
I just rode up in the elevator with a lady who was wearing white stockings with her black dress shoes. I've seen this before and it always strikes me as odd. Maybe not as much as black stockings with white shoes, but still.

Is it just me? I personally don't like white stockings on anyone over the age of 6 and I really don't like white dress shoes at all. But that's just a personal preference and I don't knock people for wearing them.

ICK!!!!!!!!!!

I can't stand that! My mom will wear black stockings with black open toe shoes...I hate that too.

I will wear nude stockings with open toe shoes so long as there is no visible seam in the toe. I do it only because otherwise the shoes become very uncomfortable for me very quickly and I am not comfortable in heels to begin with! x(

ETA: I think white stockings make your legs look bigger and I don't need any help in that department!:p

I am with you guys 100%. I have never seen anyone (not wearing an Easter dress with pigtails) who looks good in white stockings.

Marie

NAY! White stockings remind me of nurses. No offense to nurses out there, they just don't look quite right without the full uniform. ;-)

NO, NO, NO, and did I say NO? White stocking make your legs appear bigger than they are and are not at all flattering. And the black shoes just scream out, look at my white legs!

Cheryl

>I'm with you! White stockings remind me of old overweight
>nurses or skinny cheap hookers!

Excuse me, all nurses wear white stockings -- overweight or not;)
I'm a nurse, and there are lots of us here:)

NAY! White stockings are hideous and so are white shoes IMO. I don't own a single pair of white shoes (other than sneakers). I agree that white shoes with black (or dark) stockings looks even worse.

Tracey
"Do or do not. There is no try." -Yoda
"Where there's a will, there's a way."

Would a hooker in white stockings get business? Well....I guess the guy who hires her isn't the type to care about fashion...

For their music recital, my 8 year old twins wore black dresses, white stockings and black shoes, and my 9 year old wore a long black skirt with an off white sweater set, white stockings and black shoes. I thought they looked very polished and feminine. However, you'd never catch me wearing white stockings with any shoes. ;)

I'm a big NAY on this one! I can't go with the contrast of the light stockings with black shoes at all...

You know black workout shoes? I bought a pair of Ryka Enlight II on sale. They are super comfortable on my foot. Probably fit my foot the best of any shoes I've ever worn. For some reason, I cannot stand wearing them with anything but long black workout pants. I can't stand how they look with shorts. They must blend with my leg and it bugs me too much when I workout to have something weird looking on. Yeah, I'm just weird. LOL....

I am also kind of weird about white shoes too! For some reason, I don't like them either.

But that's just me.... ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.