WOW--"Biggest Loser" people barely lost this week!

Govtgirl

Cathlete
Did anyone watch this last night? It was really eye-opening to me and my husband. I want to lose 10 pounds, and he wants to lose 20, and it's been a s-l-o-w process.

Well, these people have a trainer on their backs all day screaming at them and working out like fiends, they can only eat what they are given, and some of them only dropped 1 or 2 pounds this week! One lady didn't lose a thing, and she was always working the hardest! It was just so surprising, since the first week they all lost a lot. All of them have at least 50-70 pounds to lose, and I would have thought they'd still drop 5 pounds given the diet and exercise they're doing.

It just really opened my eyes that with weight loss, you really can't tell sometimes. The people that cheated lost weight, and the ones that didn't even gained! I know I need to watch my diet better (I eat well, just a bit too much!), but also, I shouldn't beat myself up when the scale doesn't budge.

All in all, it ended up being inspiring. The couple that was sent home is still losing weight.....the huband lost almost 100 pounds on his own! Pretty awesome!

RE: WOW--

I've seen it to. The only explanation I can think of is that their body compositions are changing from being more fat to more lean muscle and the transitions are affecting the scales. You add stress like homesickness, and that doesn't help out either. Plus, muscle weighs more than fat.

Hang in there!! Eating well with the right portions has helped me out.

I only watched the first part of the show. I find the weigh-in section very tedious to watch. Based on my own weight loss struggles, I know that it takes time and commitment. I tell people that you have to make working out and eating right a top priority. It has be your focus at least for the first couple of months so that it becomes a lifestyle change. Although I wasn't as heavy as the people on Biggest Loser, it took me about a year to lose 35 pounds.

Don't get discourage. Eating right and working out consistently is hard work and takes time. You are making a lifestyle change. It just takes time. Good luck!

Focus less on the numbers and more on how good you feel when you take care of yourself, eating good food and getting your sweat on.

And don't listen to the infomercials where pounds "just melt off" and everyone shrinks to a size three (because looking like a prepubescent is apparently hip these days. It's mostly all bunk...

They all dumped so big the first week, I'm not surprised, their bodies must be going into reasonable mode at this point...I felt for them though....

I was shocked too. Part of me wants to think that those that ate lost weight because it was a shock to their bodies - sort of like those that stagger their calories and eat more every 3rd of 4th day.

The thing that got me was when they were watching the movies of themselves which showed how many pounds of sugar and fat they ate a year. Gross!!

To be honest, it made me really think about what I feed my kids. When they get home from school they eat a snack of cookies. Even when I buy the 100 calorie packs -- it's still not healthy. Today I'm feeding the fruit!!!

I was glad to see a post about this show. Thought I was the only one watching. I love it. It is so motivating.

The food tests seem so gross -- all that food sitting out -- eek, but then we all go through that every day -- parties, restaurants, our own cupboards -- it's not any more tempting than our daily lives. It really makes me think about what I'm putting in my mouth. I have NO desire to eat bad food today!! And if a show can make me feel that way -- I'm going to keep on watching it!! :)

Michelle

I love the show too.....but there's a part of me that doesn't always trust the scale numbers on that show.

Coming from someone who loses VERY slowly.....a 3 lbs loss a week to me is HUGE. To see those extremely high numbers (even though I know it's mostly water and these people are obese)....just doesn't sit right with me.

Everywhere you read it says 1-2 lbs per week is the norm, the safest, the healthiest....so I get mad when Bob and Jillian are disapointed with the "low numbers".

I know these people are working really hard and losing consistently...I just often wonder if the producers manipulate the scale numbers for drama and ratings.

I was wondering, what is the real time frame of the show? This is the first time I've watched it. Could maybe one of our TV weeks be 2 weeks for them? That would explain some of the 15-pound weight drops in the first week for some of them. Also, since there are only 10 couples and 2 are already off, so that mean there are only 2 months left of the show? Again, I've never watched it before :p

Anyway, did anyone else think it was unfair that the brown team got sent home "because they had each other" for motivation and the yellow team was divorced and would go their separate ways after the show? I didn't really follow that reasoning. I thought they should have stayed because they were so committed!

They probably lost a lot of fluid the 1st week in..
Remember a new fitness routine will make you sore and add a couple pounds of fluid to you .
4 hrs a day of exercise would make my muscles really swell.

Bob and Jillian look better if the numbers are higher.
If they don't loose they aren't doing their job properly..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.