will my knee stop hurting as i lose the weight?

albernier

Cathlete
It doesnt hurt everytime I workout but I did Viper and Kick Punch and Crunch the next day and today its hurting a little. I know am too heavy for high impact but will it get easier on my knee as the weight comes off?

I'm not a fitness expert, but I've heard of several people whose joints stop hurting once they lose weight. Of course, it depends on the source of the pain, which only your doctor can tell you for sure. So just take it easy, and if it hurts too bad, take a little time off or lighten up on the workout.

Yes, your knee will most likely stop hurting once you lose weight especially if you lose a lot of weight. Take it from me as I've experienced this 3 times. I gained over 100 pounds three times in my life. My sports medicine doctor stressed not to do any high impact workout until I've lost half of my weight. Honestly, I don't know why you're doing high impact workout right now. It's not worth knee problems down the road if you're doing high impact with all that extra weight on you. I know you're excited and want to do exactly what Cathe does. I know, I was there, too. Chances are your joints are not strong enough either. It takes a while to build muscles around your knees. Just take it easy and do the low to moderate impact version until you've lost some weight and feel strong enough kneewise to do high impact. You still will lose weight anyway doing low-moderate impact. Also, if you're weight training, I would not use any weights while doing squats and lunges. Use your body weight for now. Hope this helps. If this sounds a bit off, I apologize. I've been having a bad morning so far and I'm still not 100% awake.

Lisa :)

ok, thanks. I had been using weights with the squats and lunges also, i thought that would help. I did PLB this week also, so i guess that is why the knee hurts. thanks for the info.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.