Whey Proteins???

The time has come for me to change things up again. Judging by the voraciousness of my late day appetite I suspect I am not getting enough protein so I purchased 'Proteins+ High alpha whey protein isolate' in a natural chocolate flavour yesterday. I mixed it with unsweetened almond milk for a post workout recovery drink today and BLEECCHHHH. It's sweetened with stevia and was too sweet for me. As directed I mixed 33.2 grams with 1 cup milk for a total of 150 calories and 26 grams of protein. I like the numbers but the taste is like swill.
What kind of whey protein do you like and what do you mix it with. I must concede that I won't be busting out the blender to make smoothies. I just want a quick post work out, high protein, low calorie, moderately good tasting option....that's all :) TIA!

Take Care
Laurie:)

I use ON brand (Optimum Nutrition). They run about $25 a tub.
I've found that a lot of the vanilla brands on the market taste like sweet as hell marshmellows! This vnailla in ON brand I think is gross. The strawberry taste like lucky charms (which is ok sometimes, not toooo sweet). But the chocolate is great!
I mix it will 1% milk and it tastes just like a shake and its not too sweet. Sometimes I even get a shot of expresso and put half in-- just like an iced mocha or somehing.
FYI-- they also make a rocky road flavor that's the real deal, I mix that with just water even-- but it's really only good for late nite sweet tooths :)

I like Designer Whey. I can buy it right at hannaford supermarkets. It mixes nicely and tastes good with milk.

Jenn

My favorites right now are the Lean Dessert proteins from BSN. They are so tasty and mix into cereals and make very thick and creamy "milkshakes!"

I also tried 'Yams and Whey", it is very, very good as well.

Jay Robb Whey Protein is the only one I can stomach. I like Vanilla, pina colada and tropical dreamsicle.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.