Where to donate "vintage" wedding dress?

story1267

Cathlete
I'm doing a major de-cluttering of my place (Shelley, you'd be proud of my progress ;) ) and, in the process, I'm letting GO of a lot of stuff I've kept around from old relationships.

One of those things is my now 17 year old wedding dress. It's in great condition but all the places I've searched for on the web only want dresses newer than 3 or even 2 years.

Does anyone know of a worthy organization that's interested in taking an older dress?

TIA once again to you all.

RE: Where to donate

What about Goodwill? They usually take anything as long as they are clean and in good shape.

Well I found it a home. Just FYi for anyone who is looking to get rid of old dresses - either wedding or probably bridesmaids or dressy dresses - I'm donating mine to a local theater company.

My folks are friends with a woman who does a lot of costume work for them and she asked and they are glad to have it.

So, maybe the thing will have some kind of useful life rather than turn yellow in my closet for another 17 years.

Glad it found a home. :)

I was just going to reply that I was a able to donate a couple of bridesmaid dresses a few years ago to the theater department of a local college.

Hi Gayle, I had gotten rid of my ever-so-scary bridesmaids dresses a few years back. The apricot one (my eyes!) and the slightly less hideous teal. I just donated those to Planet Aid. Hadn't thought of the theater then but they would make good "ball-gowns" for scenes like that.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.