Where did my energy go!!!!!!!!

Tricia Haley

Cathlete
REPOSTED FROM THE CATHE FORUM

#85310, "Where did my energy go?!!!!!!

I consider myself a cardio junky, but this past year my age and body has been speaking to me with an ache here and an ache there plus i haven't been as tone and tight as i would like to. I feel like i look soft. anyway this past January i decided to focus more on weight training but is seems like now that i am more focused on challenging my body with more weight i feel as though my endurance level for cardio (i have all your cardio dvds)has gone down the tubes. Some times its all i can do to just walk.

Since January my workout schedule looks like this: Gym style workouts for 6 weeks; then i went to endurance workouts -Power hour, body max 1, Max Inten. strength- 6 weeks; and i am currently on body max 2, butt and guts, and one of your circuit workouts. I try to do 3 to 4 cardio workouts a week but lately its been a struggle to do even 2 cardio workouts. Now when i am doing my weight training i feel strong and i go as hard as i can. I am just having a problem with doing the cardio. Its like i get up the next day and the thought of doing a step cardio w/o its like my body is saying no way. I have tried doing my cardio after weight training and sometimes my body is ok with that, and i have also done my cardio later in the day. It just seems lately i am struggling to get it in.

My eating is fairly clean.
example - (B)grape-nuts w/1tbls flax seed & 1tsp wheat bran, 1/2c
skmilk, 1 egg & 1ser. egg beater.
after workout - protien shake w/banana 1/2c skmilk 1/2c
water
(L) sometimes 1/2 turkey sandwich w/ low-fat cheese or
oatmeal w 1tbls walnuts and a fruit
(S) light activa yogurt w/ 1/2 ser. dry oatmeal, sm box
raisins 1tsp each walnuts,sunflower seeds, slivered
almonds or cottage cheese w/ wheat bran crackers
(D)diner is usually a protein a starch a veg. sometimes desert and sometimes i have 2 starches. really depends on what Ive eaten during the day.

sorry this was so long!!! I just sometimes feel as though i take one step forward and 10 steps back. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks cathe
Tricia

Tricia M.Haley

Tricia M.Haley

I love cardio too. If I dont sweat hard I feel like I didnt get a good workout. These past few weeks I've been slacking workout wise. I'll do a weight workout with no problem but there are days when there's been a dread factor when it comes to cardio. I've been feeling lazy lately. With that being said instead of doing cardio 4-5x a week like I'm use to I've only been doing 2...but to my surprise I'm getting better results.

I dont see anything wrong with you taking a break from all that cardio for awhile...the change seemed to break my plateau(sp?)
Im not an expert or anything but are you taking a multi vitamin and getting enough sleep? Maybe your body just needs to recover a bit. It seems like you been working hard these past few months.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.