Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

What other websites do you love??

This is a discussion on What other websites do you love?? within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Originally Posted by mini-natty -Cracked.com (SO FUNNY!) -Amazon.ca (I'm Canadian) and Amazon.com -Bodybuilding.com -Chapter's Indigo.ca (Canada's on-line book store) -Pinterest ...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Tinker's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-natty View Post
-Cracked.com (SO FUNNY!)
-Amazon.ca (I'm Canadian) and Amazon.com
-Bodybuilding.com
-Chapter's Indigo.ca (Canada's on-line book store)
-Pinterest
-Shape.com and Self.com (health/fitness magazines)
-Wonderwall.msn.com (to see what celebrities are up to )
-youtube
-proteinpow.com (recipes)
-Kraftcanada.com (recipes)
-Songza (awesome music playlists! A MUST)

My love after fitness? (actually, even before fitness ) FOOD!
Natasha thanks for the wonderwall.msn.com suggestion. If you like celebrity info, you might like mailonline.com. I read stuff on there that I hear about days later elsewhere. I'm with you, food is definately my 1st love
Old 02-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Tinker's Profile Fields

Tracy, Clare and Pam ~ thanks for the info! Despite the size of the world wide web, I find that I visit the same sites over and over again. I like to hear what else is out there
Old 02-07-2013, 12:13 PM
soozies's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam_90 View Post
For people who like fiber arts/crafts (knitting, crochet, weaving, spinning) Ravelry.com is great. A lot of discussion forums you can join. Bisides related craft ones, I belong to a yoga one, that fairly active. The other fitness ones (other than weight loss) don't seem to be very active.

Also can see projects others have done, lots of free patterns and probably a lot of other things I have not explored.

Yay! Another Ravelry fan! There's tons of free patterns, help on all yarn issues, and even a great swap system. I haven't been really active on there in a long while, but I'm "slipstitchsuzy"

I also love:
Amazon - I have a shopping problem
news.discovery.com/ for science-y things
slate. com & salon.com - for news & politics
Huffington Post - more news
Ebay - You never knew you needed that object until you saw it there online
rcrdlb.com - new music, free streaming & downloads
Freebook Sifter - A Resource for Free eBooks - free books for kindle

Lifehacker.com - tips & ideas for all sorts of stuff
-- this has a family of websites: Gawker, Jezebel, io9, Gizmodo -- for all things geeky, snarky, feminist (some stuff NSFW)

nataliedee.com & her husband at Married To The Sea - 2,000+ comics by Drew & Natalie Dee - Updates daily at midnight -- daily internet comics (some stuff NSFW)

I should stop now.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Cathlete

Send a message via AIM to maddiesmum

Great thread, loads of sites for me to scribble down. I think I'l be up all night surfing. I may never sleep again!!!!!!

Clare
Old 02-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Cathlete
Jenniferlove's Profile Fields

Such cool on-line places you all have found!
Some that I like which haven't been listed are:

AnimalRescueSite.com
t-nation.com (interesting regarding body building)
psychologyToday.com
yahoo.com

Thanks so much - I'm looking forward to checking out some of the new-to-me sites
Old 02-08-2013, 07:47 AM
Catheite

One of my favorite websites is Confessions of a Homeschooler.
I homeschool my kids so I get lots of good info from this site.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:07 AM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

Here are some really cool websites recommended by Maximum PC (my DH has a subscription). I have taken a short description of the websites from the magazine.

-www.louisvsrick.com (man teaching his cat to IM. Really funny)
-www.jetpunk.com (the only quiz site you'll ever need)
-www.supercook.com (every meal is indeed a banquet)
-www.10minutemail.com (temporary email addresses)
-www.dynamitedeals.com (comparison shop with ease)
-www.myparentswereawesome.tumblr.com (your folks before they were old)
-www.virustotal.com (is that file really safe?)

Enjoy!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Tinker's Profile Fields

Thanks guys! Thought of another one I like: everydayhealth.com. Great health and fitness info and recipes. I subscribe to their newsletter as well.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Cathlete
exercise-lover's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokonkel View Post
I love videofitness.com! I spend a good chunk of my computer time hopping between here and there!

Since I'm also a tv junkie, when some of my favorite shows are on (Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Homeland, Game of Thrones etc etc) I like to go to two sites: TelevisionwithoutPity.com and Reddit.com. I also like A.V. Club, Grantland, EW.com and several other media sites.

I also love to check out WebMD.com and ScienceDaily for health and science news. I'm a total science nerd. I'm always buying Discover and Scientific American magazines. DH always complains that I should just get a subscription already. I also love Archaeology magazine. Besides fitness, I love reading about archaeology, anthropology, evolution and neurobiology.

For recipes, I love allrecipes.com. I haven't had to buy a cookbook in years!

I love Swansons.com to browse for supplements and Amazon.com for pretty much all my other online shopping!

DH and I love to look on vrbo.com for vacation rentals. It's awesome! Thousands of rentals buy homeowners across the country. Want to stay at a house with a pool in Florida? There are thousands listed on that site! We'll never stay at a hotel again!

Does videofitness have a forum? What do you do on it? I'm always lost when I first look at a new site.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:38 AM
Cathlete
cokonkel's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by exercise-lover View Post
Does videofitness have a forum? What do you do on it? I'm always lost when I first look at a new site.
Yes VF has a General Discussion forum as well as a Check in and Challenges section and Exchange listing (where you can exchange/trade dvds). There are also sections were people post reviews of exercise dvds and a recipe box section as well. Most of the action is on GD. You have to register to post or view the exchange listing though. Here's the links:
http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Check ins: Challenges and Check-ins - Video Fitness Forum

and the exchange list: Video Fitness Forum

When/if you register sometimes it takes Wendy (the manager/creator of the site) a little while to okay your membership (she has to do it personally) since she has to wade through a lot of spammer stuff. If you register and it takes awhile before you can actually post just go ahead and email her to let her know. HTH

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

To get the body you want, you must love the body you have.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt