What other websites do you love??

Tinker

Cathlete
Aside from working out, one of my other interests is decorating. I love Houzz.com for decorating ideas. It's such a cool website. Just curious - what other websites do you find interesting (either fitness-related or not). Thanks. :)

Hi Tinker,
Thats interesting question. I have no clue what i like anymore. I dont have much talents but id love to find something.. The only intersst i know of besides fitness is music, and i am trying to find a way to paint and redecorate my bedroom on a budget. I might want to do gardning again but tried here in the south carolinas and its sandy here. I cant grow anything. And im thinking of becoming a vegatarian. So id be happy to hear others ideas because i need to get a life ! Lol..

Hi Tinker,
Thats interesting question. I have no clue what i like anymore. I dont have much talents but id love to find something.. The only intersst i know of besides fitness is music, and i am trying to find a way to paint and redecorate my bedroom on a budget. I might want to do gardning again but tried here in the south carolinas and its sandy here. I cant grow anything. And im thinking of becoming a vegatarian. So id be happy to hear others ideas because i need to get a life ! Lol..

Hi Renee, it sounds like you actually DO have a lot of interests!!! :)

I would love to visit South Carolina! I will bet there are a lot of great sights to see there!

As for websites...some of the best ones I have visited have been because of suggestions from all the great people here!

I like:

http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/dailylightdailypath/
This is a site that gives a compilation of a daily Bible reading that was put together in the 18th century....wonderful.

www.dailyhiit.com

This is the old BodyRock website. It gives you daily hiit exercises and routines.

Last edited:
Well i thought she meant something we do like decorating.. I should reread that lol.. I do have a website i go to for music, u buy playlist to jog by and u have tons to choose from, u get a free"credit " every month and it, cost only one or two "credits" i think it is two for playlist for 60 min or more. they had alot for the 80s. Its called rockmyrun.com

Last edited:
amazon.com to read book reviews

zappos.com to browse shoes, sandals, sneakers

bodenusa.com for fab clothes for every season, always with some kind of discount code and usually free shipping

publishersweekly.com to read about new book releases

thefryecompany.com to drool over all the fabulous leather boots and dream about another purchase

So, we conclude, apart from fitness, I love clothes, shoes and books!

Clare

-Cracked.com (SO FUNNY!)
-Amazon.ca (I'm Canadian) and Amazon.com
-Bodybuilding.com
-Chapter's Indigo.ca (Canada's on-line book store)
-Pinterest
-Shape.com and Self.com (health/fitness magazines)
-Wonderwall.msn.com (to see what celebrities are up to :p)
-youtube
-proteinpow.com (recipes)
-Kraftcanada.com (recipes)
-Songza (awesome music playlists! A MUST)

My love after fitness? (actually, even before fitness :D) FOOD!

I love videofitness.com! I spend a good chunk of my computer time hopping between here and there! :D

Since I'm also a tv junkie, when some of my favorite shows are on (Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Homeland, Game of Thrones etc etc) I like to go to two sites: TelevisionwithoutPity.com and Reddit.com. I also like A.V. Club, Grantland, EW.com and several other media sites.

I also love to check out WebMD.com and ScienceDaily for health and science news. I'm a total science nerd. :) I'm always buying Discover and Scientific American magazines. DH always complains that I should just get a subscription already. :eek: I also love Archaeology magazine. Besides fitness, I love reading about archaeology, anthropology, evolution and neurobiology.

For recipes, I love allrecipes.com. I haven't had to buy a cookbook in years!

I love Swansons.com to browse for supplements and Amazon.com for pretty much all my other online shopping!

DH and I love to look on vrbo.com for vacation rentals. It's awesome! Thousands of rentals buy homeowners across the country. Want to stay at a house with a pool in Florida? There are thousands listed on that site! We'll never stay at a hotel again! :eek:

Last edited:
For people who like fiber arts/crafts (knitting, crochet, weaving, spinning) Ravelry.com is great. A lot of discussion forums you can join. Bisides related craft ones, I belong to a yoga one, that fairly active. The other fitness ones (other than weight loss) don't seem to be very active.

Also can see projects others have done, lots of free patterns and probably a lot of other things I have not explored.

Hi Tinker,

Hi ReneePruitt,
You might want to check out houzz.com for decorating ideas. You can set up an "ideabook" to save the pics that you like - no more ripped out magazine pics that seem to pile up and eventually get tossed out! BTW, I can't grow anything either and it's not the soil here, just me :)

Colleen,
I love videofitness.com too! I'm usually over there several times a day checking in to see what's goin on. Also like recipes.com. I plan on using their video to make my first turkey this weekend!

-Cracked.com (SO FUNNY!)
-Amazon.ca (I'm Canadian) and Amazon.com
-Bodybuilding.com
-Chapter's Indigo.ca (Canada's on-line book store)
-Pinterest
-Shape.com and Self.com (health/fitness magazines)
-Wonderwall.msn.com (to see what celebrities are up to :p)
-youtube
-proteinpow.com (recipes)
-Kraftcanada.com (recipes)
-Songza (awesome music playlists! A MUST)

My love after fitness? (actually, even before fitness :D) FOOD!

Natasha thanks for the wonderwall.msn.com suggestion. If you like celebrity info, you might like mailonline.com. I read stuff on there that I hear about days later elsewhere. I'm with you, food is definately my 1st love :)

Tracy, Clare and Pam ~ thanks for the info! Despite the size of the world wide web, I find that I visit the same sites over and over again. I like to hear what else is out there :)

For people who like fiber arts/crafts (knitting, crochet, weaving, spinning) Ravelry.com is great. A lot of discussion forums you can join. Bisides related craft ones, I belong to a yoga one, that fairly active. The other fitness ones (other than weight loss) don't seem to be very active.

Also can see projects others have done, lots of free patterns and probably a lot of other things I have not explored.

Yay! Another Ravelry fan! There's tons of free patterns, help on all yarn issues, and even a great swap system. I haven't been really active on there in a long while, but I'm "slipstitchsuzy"

I also love:
Amazon - I have a shopping problem
news.discovery.com/ for science-y things
slate. com & salon.com - for news & politics
Huffington Post - more news
Ebay - You never knew you needed that object until you saw it there online
rcrdlb.com - new music, free streaming & downloads
Freebook Sifter - A Resource for Free eBooks - free books for kindle

Lifehacker.com - tips & ideas for all sorts of stuff
-- this has a family of websites: Gawker, Jezebel, io9, Gizmodo -- for all things geeky, snarky, feminist (some stuff NSFW)

nataliedee.com & her husband at Married To The Sea - 2,000+ comics by Drew & Natalie Dee - Updates daily at midnight -- daily internet comics (some stuff NSFW)

I should stop now.

Great thread, loads of sites for me to scribble down. I think I'l be up all night surfing. I may never sleep again!!!!!!

Clare

Such cool on-line places you all have found!
Some that I like which haven't been listed are:

AnimalRescueSite.com
t-nation.com (interesting regarding body building)
psychologyToday.com
yahoo.com

Thanks so much - I'm looking forward to checking out some of the new-to-me sites:)

Here are some really cool websites recommended by Maximum PC (my DH has a subscription). I have taken a short description of the websites from the magazine.

-www.louisvsrick.com (man teaching his cat to IM. Really funny)
-www.jetpunk.com (the only quiz site you'll ever need)
-www.supercook.com (every meal is indeed a banquet)
-www.10minutemail.com (temporary email addresses)
-www.dynamitedeals.com (comparison shop with ease)
-www.myparentswereawesome.tumblr.com (your folks before they were old)
-www.virustotal.com (is that file really safe?)

Enjoy!

Thanks guys! Thought of another one I like: everydayhealth.com. Great health and fitness info and recipes. I subscribe to their newsletter as well.

I love videofitness.com! I spend a good chunk of my computer time hopping between here and there! :D

Since I'm also a tv junkie, when some of my favorite shows are on (Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Homeland, Game of Thrones etc etc) I like to go to two sites: TelevisionwithoutPity.com and Reddit.com. I also like A.V. Club, Grantland, EW.com and several other media sites.

I also love to check out WebMD.com and ScienceDaily for health and science news. I'm a total science nerd. :) I'm always buying Discover and Scientific American magazines. DH always complains that I should just get a subscription already. :eek: I also love Archaeology magazine. Besides fitness, I love reading about archaeology, anthropology, evolution and neurobiology.

For recipes, I love allrecipes.com. I haven't had to buy a cookbook in years!

I love Swansons.com to browse for supplements and Amazon.com for pretty much all my other online shopping!

DH and I love to look on vrbo.com for vacation rentals. It's awesome! Thousands of rentals buy homeowners across the country. Want to stay at a house with a pool in Florida? There are thousands listed on that site! We'll never stay at a hotel again! :eek:

Does videofitness have a forum? What do you do on it? I'm always lost when I first look at a new site.

Does videofitness have a forum? What do you do on it? I'm always lost when I first look at a new site.

Yes VF has a General Discussion forum as well as a Check in and Challenges section and Exchange listing (where you can exchange/trade dvds). There are also sections were people post reviews of exercise dvds and a recipe box section as well. Most of the action is on GD. You have to register to post or view the exchange listing though. Here's the links:
http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Check ins: Challenges and Check-ins - Video Fitness Forum

and the exchange list: Video Fitness Forum

When/if you register sometimes it takes Wendy (the manager/creator of the site) a little while to okay your membership (she has to do it personally) since she has to wade through a lot of spammer stuff. If you register and it takes awhile before you can actually post just go ahead and email her to let her know. HTH

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.