What other dvds are people using?

joditeaches

Cathlete
Hi!
I am a hard core Cathe lover, but I have many, many other dvds. I am curious to know what other dvds that people use along with your Cathe. I know that Cathe users are pretty much advanced exercisers, so I am really interested in what you all have to say about this.

Although I use mostly Cathe, I have some Amy Bento, Christi Taylor, Gay Gasper...

I also just got the Firm Transfirmer, which I really like, but it definitely doesn't compare to Cathe. I do think it is a good maintenance or light day workout.

What do you think?
Thanks for any and all input!

Cathe's the only instructor I use for really advanced workouts. I recently added Michelle Dozois' Rockin' Body Cardio Jam and her Best Body Circuit. I really like them both; the cardio one especially. I had to add a non-kickbox floor aerobics workout to the mix so that I wouldn't be tempted to do step everyday (I LOVE step).

I just recently pulled out an old favorite: Trainer's Edge, Killer Abs and Back with Michael Olajide. I'm not fond of ab work, but I really like this one. And, I guess I should be put off by it, but I love how flirty Michael is in it. It's a good work out and he's kinda hot, so, it's all good!!

I have lots of non-Cathe stuff but hardly any of it compares to her intensity and I have had zero luck with any Firm workouts and just stopped trying them. I do love Gay Gaspar's Infused Step, great music and choreography.

Take Care
Laurie:)

For advanced workouts it's Cathe. But I also have yoga DVDs and for light days I just got Ellen Barrett's Fat Burning Fusion and Slim Sculpt. I really enjoy both of them and because they are so different from Cathe there is no way to compare them. Every time I buy something else I end up selling or trading.

For DVD workouts - lately P90X, P90X+, Art of Strength.

I also do as many, if not more, nonDVD workouts - CrossFit, Cardio Coach, iTrain. These are all plenty advanced.

I agree that Cathe's workouts are the most intense and most fun! I also use Jari Love's Get Ripped series. She focuses on muscle endurance and uses high reps and lower weights. It's nice for a change sometimes. If you do a search for "Jari Love" on www.collagevideo.com, you can read reviews of Jari's workouts. My favourite is Get Ripped 1000

Maggie

I have a few from Tracey Staehle that I really like (her new walking one and the Parts Series). I also like Kelly Coffey Meyer. Her Step Boxing DVD is a lot of fun. I like some of the beachbody workouts too like turbo jam and slim series. Kimberly Spreen is a good one for kickboxing too if you like KPC, you'll probably like her. I have tried Amy Bento don't really connect with her workouts. There are lots of great instructors out there but Cathe is my #1.

Most of my cardio is done on my elliptical with Cardio Coach audio workouts, although I often use walking DVD's for variety. I just can't make myself do step or kickboxing -- I HAAAAATE it ;)

Cathe is my favorite instructor for weights, but I do use Jari Love and Tony Horton's Power 90 (NOT P90X) on occasion, as well as the Cardio Coach PUMP circuit workout.

I use Classical Stretch workouts 2 or 3 times a week as well. LOVE them -- LOVE!!

I have the TLT's but I haven't used them in ages. I also have a couple of Tracey Staehle and Amy Bento workouts that go largely unused.

Cathe is my main favorite right now but I also love Amy Bento's cardio workouts. I got some of her weight ones but haven't done them yet. I also love Turbo Jam and oh yeah LOVE Jari Love. ;) My favorite of hers are ripped to the core and slim and lean. I've seen them at ross stores in case someone would want to look for only $5! Jess

The others I used besides Cathe are Mindy Mylrea and Art of Strength (kettlebell workout).

I also just make-up my own workouts somewhere along the lines of Crossfit type workouts.

I use quite a few other instructors, including (in no particular order):
Tony Horton*
Gin Miller
Tracey Staehle
Amy Bento
Karen Voight
Gilad
Jari Love*
Gay Gasper
Powerstrike
Janis Saffell
Cardio Coach
Firm (I like their 'second generation' workouts best: those from Tortoise/Hare to before the "Systems" they came out with under Goodtimes/Gaiam).
Kelley Coffey-Meyer
Kimberley Spreen

etc., etc., etc. :D

*used most often recently, in addition to Cathe

cathe is definitely numero uno but i also have and use:

iTrain (iClimb, iTread...)
cardio coach
barry's boot camp
jari love
seasun ziegler's bosu blast
eoin finn for yoga

Amy Bento and Cathe are my top picks usually. I also like Kelley-Coffey Meyer (her two stepboxing and her latest circuit), Jari Love: Get Ripped to the Core, Get Ripped 1000, and Slim and Lean, TLT's: Strength in Movement, Endurance for Movement, Better Burn Btter Buns, some CIA's: Gay Gasper, Nekea Brown, Sharon Twombly (All Body Attack and All Cardio Attack...fun, tough step/light weight curcuit workouts), Bosu Blast, Kimberly Spreen (especially Absolute Kickboxing) and Barry's Boot Camp. I have some other's but I don't remember them or use them that often. Oh, I do enjoy light yoga also. Edited to come back and say I have one workout from Tracey Staehle that I enjoy but I haven't done it in a long time: High Intensity Step and her core workout is good also. These were two of her first offerings and I was excited about the direction she seemed to be going in at the time. I really, really enjoy my Amy Bento workouts and am starting a rotation today using Amy's cardio and SloMo workouts with Cathe's Gym Style series (my rendition of Cathe's Feb. 08 rotation)!

I'm a big Cathe fan, but I find Amy Bento's cardio a little more intense and I like that. I've also taken to doing Cathe's step workouts on the BOSU - that's a challenge. I'm also discovering Kettlebells and I'm really enjoying those as well.

In addition to Cathe, I use Cardio Coach on my treadmill (and will outside once the weather turns) and I like One Minute Workout from Minna Lessig for some lighter weight/ab work when I don't want to work as hard as Cathe makes me. ;)

I have a few other step instructors, but I just don't use them much.

April

I have all Cathe (except STS) P90x & P90x+. Jillian Michaels Biggest Loser, Core Performance Essential Level 4 advanced active super core challenge, Janis Saffell Kickbox Strike Zone, Janis Saffell Brand New Butt, Janis Saffell & Guillermo Gomez Hardcore Kick Box Circuit, Turbo Jam Punch kick & Jam, Christi Taylor Totally Hot Cardio (haven't done yet), Killer Butt by Dolores Munoz, Billy Blank Abs, A few Yoga by Denise Austin, Power Yoga Kristen Mcgee and a few Yoga are on their way from Ebay oh yeah and my Treadmoves Dvd's for the computer
beth6395

"Double Knot your laces and let's move on"
-Cathe Friedrich

I'm doing P90X right now (ordering STS on Friday). I have most of the Firms going back to the beginning, although I haven't done any of them since discovering Cathe three years ago. I also have some Tae Bo (again, haven't done them in a while). I have a Rodney Yee and the Ali McGraw yoga tapes, and I like them both a lot. After P90X, I will definitely make a point of doing yoga at least one day per week. I have about 20-25 Cathe DVDs. The only ones I don't use are the step ones - (hate step). Anyone interested in the IMAX or LoMax from the Hardcore series?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.