what a day (vent)

jnka825

Cathlete
I woke up depressed because my leave is ending. Then I had to deal with stupid family drama. Then my DH and I got into a fight; fyi he isn't so D these days. Finally put my boys to bed after forcing myself to eat dinner b/c I was so upset I felt sick. Decided I would do a workout anyway because I did not work out the last four days. In the middle of BM2 cardio and weights premix and my freakin' step breaks. It cracks right in the middle. It was not a Cathe step, it was a firm step, that you have the legs underneath to make it a "fanny lifter". It is a piece of junk. Carefully finished the workout (was on the last cardio part) and now I am hoping to find a replacement tomorrow. What stores still sell a step? I do not want to wait for shipping after 4 days off. Ugh. I am drinking my low fat chocolate milk and calling it a night.

Kristin

Last edited:
wow sorry you had a such a rough day! if you have a play it again sports nearby wouldn't hurt to call and ask if they may have them sometimes a gently used one cheap. dick's sporting goods(at least in this area) also have the club steps, if they do that probably any other sporting goods store that sells fitness equipment might have them.

hope your day is better tomorrow

kassia

I woke up depressed because my leave is ending. Then I had to deal with stupid family drama. Then my DH and I got into a fight; fyi he isn't so D these days. Finally put my boys to bed after forcing myself to eat dinner b/c I was so upset I felt sick. Decided I would do a workout anyway because I did not work out the last four days. In the middle of BM2 cardio and weights premix and my freakin' step breaks. It cracks right in the middle. It was not a Cathe step, it was a firm step, that you have the legs underneath to make it a "fanny lifter". It is a piece of junk. Carefully finished the workout (was on the last cardio part) and now I am hoping to find a replacement tomorrow. What stores still sell a step? I do not want to wait for shipping after 4 days off. Ugh. I am drinking my low fat chocolate milk and calling it a night.

Kristin

I am so sorry to hear about your problems. I sincerely hope that everything will work out for you nicely.

As for the step, I bought mine at Sport Shalet for $69.99 a year ago -- it came with Cathe's DVD (Basic Step + Cardio & Weighs). I think it was a great deal.

Don't give up, hang in there. Everything will be fine.

thanks

Thanks guys. I feel much better today. I am going to stay positive and just ignore the garbage that deserves to be ignored. As for the step, I ordered it here last night. I looked at my local sports stores websites and none of them had it in stock, only order online. I figured might as well get teh nice big step with the rubber on top instead of a cheaper, smaller one anyway. I will feel like one of the girls now for sure. I figure I can do ME and BC for the next two days and then go for a run/walk. Hopefully it comes soon.

Thanks again,

Kristin

Kristin, glad you are doing better. What a day!! Just wanted to give you some extra {{{{{HUGS}}}} :D

Kristin - glad your day is better today! Academy did have the steps for an amazing price. i don't trust the websites. They say that some items are only online then you go to the store and there they are.

Big 5 carries them here. Sports Authority does not carry them. I don't know about Sports Chalet, they might, you could call ahead. I have not seen them in Wal Mart or K Mart either. I'm sorry your step is broken.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.