Wen hair care

ksodano

Did anyone try Wen Hair care products? I saw the infomercial and was wondering if anyone saw the same results?

I've been using Wen for about a year. I buy it from QVC mostly not from Guthy Renker (the infomercial). I tried the stuff from the infomercial and it didn't work as well for me. Guthy Renker has some different ingredients than QVC or the Chaz Dean Studio products. They say it works as well but it worked differently for me. The Wen from QVC has been great for my hair. I don't get split ends anymore. have more body and it feels so soft.

I know two people who use Wen (also from QVC) and swear by it. I haven't made the leap yet, but may try it soon, when I start to run out of my current Aveda shampoo.

I have been using Wen (from QVC) for about two months now. I highly doubt that I will ever go back to traditional shampoo & conditioner.

My hair is so soft and bouncy. I don't even use hairspray anymore. It really has improved my hair.

I have been using Wen (from QVC) for about two months now. I highly doubt that I will ever go back to traditional shampoo & conditioner.

My hair is so soft and bouncy. I don't even use hairspray anymore. It really has improved my hair.
Melissa, you have a hairstyle like mine and it works for you? They always show models with really long hair in the infomercial. Do you use any styling products (mousse, root lifter) along with Wen?

I use WEN faithfully and have been for about a year now too. I LOVE this product and it has completely transformed my hair from frizzy flyaway to satin smooth. I order the big gallon size containers from QVC every June when Wen has their one gallon anniversary sale on QVC. I use all scents and mix them up. I have 5 smaller 16 ounce Wen sized bottles in my shower (I convert them from the gallon size) and I do a different pump sequence every day. Its like shock training my hair. I usually use 26 pumps per wash. One of my favorite combos is 16 pumps of sweet almond, 8 pumps of tea tree oil and two pumps of fig :)

Last edited:
I am a lurker here on the forums and have gotten tons of information from you guys (thank you!). I just couldn't help responding regarding Wen. I too have been interested in his products. I keep my hair very very short (think Twiggy, Mia Farrow in Rosemary's baby). My hair is very frizzy/fuzzy. When I had it long it was considered wavy but it was more like wavy/frizzy/fuzzy. Now that it is short, it is very straight but can get fuzzy if no product is used. So, all of that to say this......I have found a knock off brand from Sally's Beauty Supply called Hair One. I use the Olive Oil formula for dry hair. To me, it is the same as Wen just much cheaper (9.99). HTH

Wow Cathe - that's a testimonial. Now I really think I'll try it. I think we may have similar hair type and suffer from the same "challenges." I cut my hair short again recently, but find it too high maintenance and I "fuzzy/humid" days I can't pull it back. Want to grow it out - this may be just what I need to make it manageable! Thanks!!

Edit - I just ordered two bottles of the seasonal fragrance due to the rave reviews on QVC.com. Ginger Pumpkin. (yum!) Fingers crossed!!

Last edited:
I have been using WEN from QVC for about 2 years. I have thick, wavy hair that used to frizz in the summer. The product is amazing... My hair has never been better. My hair is shoulder length and there are no split ends. I get so many compliments on the sheen and bounce in my hair. I wash it and let it air dry and it is amazing how well it holds it shape without any other product in it.
I also buy the gallon jugs in June and mix and match. I am always getting comments on how good my hair smells. The price may seem high, but with regular use one doesn't have to cleanse as often and the results are amazing!!

I'm curious about Wen also. My concern is that my scalp is very oily. I have to wash my hair every day. Do any of you that use Wen have oily hair/scalp? Does it get your hair clean enough? Thanks for the help.

Kim

I've got oily hair and thanks to Wen, I can actually go 2 days before my hair looks oily now. Its wonderful!

My sister got me hooked and I don't think I'll go back to normal shampoo again. Wen is awesome.

I've colored my hair red for years and am always frustrated by how fast the color fades. The first several times I wash it (after it's been newly colored), it looks like I've been shot because there's so much color running down the drain. I started using Wen last year and this is no longer the case. My color lasts MUCH longer and there is never any of it washing down the drain. Love it!

I have been using Wen for 5 years. I have short, naturally curly hair. I rotate between sweet almond mint and tea tree, but I just purchased the ginger pumpkin :D I also buy my Wen from QVC. LOVE IT!

Lisavh2, I am interested to hear more about your experiences with the different Wen products. I have fine hair that is fairly short. I got Wen from a friend and found it weighed my hair down when it is in the longer part of my growth cycle. I have ordered from Guthy Renker...not sure where my friend got it from, but since Guthy Renker is a neighbor of hers, I'm guessin it came from there! I have considered just buying it from the Chaz Dean website...how do you know the product is different? What was your experience? Thanks!

If you have hair length that is a little longer than shoulder length - how long does a 16 oz bottle of Wen last?

I am a bit confused about this product - is the product called the cleansing conditional all you need?

Thanks for your help in this regard! I live in Hawaii and my hair is frizzy all the time here - though when I go to the mainland it is fairly fine. I am always looking to find a way to control the frizzies!

Does it contain any SLS

I have been curious about Wen as well. Could anyone advise if this product contain any sodium laurel sulfates/ites? My scalp is sensitive and I need to avoid shampoo and conditioners with SLS. Thank you in advance.

nclncl, The ingredients listed on the bottles are different between the product from Guthy Renker and Chaz Dean Studio/QVC. The packaging is a little different also. Someone from Chaz Dean's company answered on a message board I was on about a year ago and said that the GR product is a little different because they ship internationally but that they test it periodically and it is supposed to be as good at the product from Chaz Dean Studio.

The GR stuff left my hair kind of flat and it got flatter and oilier the next day. With the stuff from QVC my hair has body for two or three days and the oil comes back much slower.

QVC is usually cheaper than buying direct from the Chaz Dean Studio.

I use WEN faithfully and have been for about a year now too. I LOVE this product and it has completely transformed my hair from frizzy flyaway to satin smooth. I order the big gallon size containers from QVC every June when Wen has their one gallon anniversary sale on QVC. I use all scents and mix them up. I have 5 smaller 16 ounce Wen sized bottles in my shower (I convert them from the gallon size) and I do a different pump sequence every day. Its like shock training my hair. I usually use 26 pumps per wash. One of my favorite combos is 16 pumps of sweet almond, 8 pumps of tea tree oil and two pumps of fig :)

Well this has me wanting to try this product too. Cathe, your hair is beautiful!

Mine is long, fine and blonde and I'm wondering if this weighs hair down. I also hope it doesn't have SLS in it.

Well, this thread sent me over the edge! ;)

I've been watching WEN on QVC for several years, always tempted, but ever skeptical. Your testimonies here convinced me. I ordered a bottle of the pomegranite.

My hair is thick, curly and medium long (past my shoulders). I color it, so with the curly, coarse texture I have anyway, it ends up dry and brittle from the coloring. I'm hoping this will be the answer!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.