Weird feet question

Mindi

Cathlete
I've noticed that if I wear shoes while doing lower body, especially during squats, the bottom of my feet get so sore! Often feet give out before my legs do! Its hard to explain but its like they burn from being pressed down or something.

Anyone else have this? I tend to do this now in my socks, seems to help a lot. Maybe its my shoes? Any recommendations on brands? I usually wear Rykas or Nike, cross-trainers.

Okay, you have a weird feet question, and I have a weird feet response. Could it be your shoes are not wide enough across the broad part of your foot? I have "Alley Oop" feet--wide at the toes, narrow at the heels. Finding shoes wide enough at the toes that don't fall off my feet at the heels is a problem. Therefore, I often end up with shoes that are too tight across the broadest part of my foot, which makes my feet feel "hot," almost like they're burning. Sometimes, I even feel like I'm standing on a "ridge," which also hurts. For me, tennies are the worst, even though it's possible to tighten/loosen them with the laces. I know it sounds strange, but you might look into it.

I'm going to say the same as Wutheri....shoes too narrow at the ball of the foot. I for one cannot wear Rykas! I've tried them twice, and each time my feet start to tingle and get a burning, numbness shortly after beginning a workout. I have found that my old stand-bys -- Sauconys, are the perfect width! :) I use that brand for running shoes and crosstrainers.

Hollie

Girls, thank you! I'm going to look into different shoes, I do have a very square foot and maybe I'm not giving myself enough width and yes, I have VERY high arches..never thought of that!

Rykas and Nikes are usually the shoes that fit me best, but I'll look around some and try on others that I haven't before.

Thanks again!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.