Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about almost anything you like in this forum, but understand we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness videos, not to be used by other companies or people to promote their website, earn a commission or sell their products.

Weight work 3 times a week?

This is a discussion on Weight work 3 times a week? within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Shereta Now you have me thinking that I might want to try 3X TB workouts/week . I've never worked all ...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

Shereta
Now you have me thinking that I might want to try 3X TB workouts/week . I've never worked all muscle groups 3X/week, so I'm curious as to what results I will obtain. Perhaps in March I will give this a go .

I'm like you though, more weight training + more muscle = leaner ME . So ya, I like the sound of that .

Good luck!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:58 AM
Cathlete
tralaiven's Profile Fields

I have never been a fan of "body part" lifting as opposed to "total body" lifting. It is probably because of my body type, but I simply do not get the results when I do body part lifting. In the past, when I have followed rotations and focused on once a week per body part, I have lost strength and results.

I think it is because of my body type, which is long and lanky or lean. I just need to lift TOTAL BODY at least twice per week, and preferably three, if I am going to be happy with the results.

And as far as following a rotation, I simply cannot do it. My recent experience is that I have followed 30-day rotations twice now and BOTH TIMES I ended up sick. This is because I followed the rotation instead of thinking for myself and listening to my body.

I am not slamming rotations. I know that they are good for some, but they are definitely NOT for me.

Sweat is for those who know it's a choice.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Cathlete
LovingLife's Profile Fields

I usually do weight work 3x a week, too. It seems to be the optimum for me in feeling and looking good plus in being strong enough to do my step and HiiT workouts. Plus I love weight work!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Catheite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnabea5 View Post
Vicky, that format in XTrain is what is not working for me. I need total body 3 times a week. ie 2 heavy and 1 low weight/high reps one. Total body weight work has never bulked me up, but has made me stronger/increased muscle max. Crazy as it sounds, it normally leans me out and the extra fat burning from more muscle helped burn more calories. That's why I'm going back to it.

Thanks for your input ladies.

I always "only" done full body weight workout 2 or 3 times a week. I work crazy on call schedule. I've tried the "once" a week per body part but with my schedule that looks like once a month per body part LOL

This is an example of my current workout schedule and it burns some great calories and keeps your strong.

M - High Step Challenge (cardio/weight circuit) Heavier weight
T - Kick boxing
W - Low Impact Circuit (cardio/weight) lighter weight
Th - HITT
Fri- Step Punch Crunch (cardio/weight) heavier weights
Sat - HITT and a stretch workout

M - Muscle Max (weight only)
T - HITT
W - SuperSets (weight only)
TH - Kickboxing
Fri_ Push Pull (weight only)
Sat - HITT and stretch

There is a section on the forum asking for Cathe new workout dvd. There are several of us that are requesting more FULL body weight workouts.

I hope you have some luck. I totally understand where you are coming from
kariev likes this.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:29 AM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafelattee View Post
I always "only" done full body weight workout 2 or 3 times a week. I work crazy on call schedule. I've tried the "once" a week per body part but with my schedule that looks like once a month per body part LOL

This is an example of my current workout schedule and it burns some great calories and keeps your strong.

M - High Step Challenge (cardio/weight circuit) Heavier weight
T - Kick boxing
W - Low Impact Circuit (cardio/weight) lighter weight
Th - HITT
Fri- Step Punch Crunch (cardio/weight) heavier weights
Sat - HITT and a stretch workout

M - Muscle Max (weight only)
T - HITT
W - SuperSets (weight only)
TH - Kickboxing
Fri_ Push Pull (weight only)
Sat - HITT and stretch

There is a section on the forum asking for Cathe new workout dvd. There are several of us that are requesting more FULL body weight workouts.

I hope you have some luck. I totally understand where you are coming from
Love your rotation! Do you alternate one week circuit workouts and then the next straight up total body weight workouts?
Old 02-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Catheite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev View Post
Love your rotation! Do you alternate one week circuit workouts and then the next straight up total body weight workouts?
this month thats how i'm doing it

last month I did weight, weight/circuit, high rep each week

- I change stuff up every month .

January rotation

M - weight only
T - HITT
W - High Rep
TH - Cardio or HITT
Fri- Circuit/weight
Sat - Stretch
Old 02-06-2013, 11:28 AM

Soooooo sorry. I guess I missed the "FULL BODY" part of the question.