Weight loss check-in

Steppingup

Cathlete
I didn't know if everyone just wanted to join the daily checkin that has beens started or keep up with this one. Anyway, how is everyone doing. Anyone losing...weight that is! I haven't really lost but I think I have stopped gaining for now. My workouts have been great for the most part. My eating has been somewhat improved except for today. I really overdid it but I enjoyed it. Well, I hope everyone else is doing well and staying healthy!

Kelly

I have been away from this check in for so long!

My Dad had been ill since the first of July so I was visiting him a lot, then we went to the wedding of my sister's daughter in Calgary for two weeks and just after we got home my Dad passed away. Since that time we have been clearing out his home and taking care of paperwork and just being together as a family till the last of the relatives has to go home. On the 15th of September we leave for a cruise around Greece. I'm not really sure I'm ready for that ....but yet....it might be just what I need. We are gone till the 29 of September.

I have regained some of the weight I had lost but only a few pounds. As we all know, exercise is such a good stress reliever, so when I am getting my life back to 'normal' in Oct I will have plenty of choices for diversions with the new Cathe's just waiting to be used....I have Christi's new ones too!

Sometimes life seems so humdrum and then it is anything but and you would like the humdrum back for a while.....you know what I mean.

I see many new names since I last visited here last....it's as if they knew this was a nice, warm place where they would be encouraged and given good advice. See you in October :) and keep up the good work.

Hi Susan!

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad! You have been through a lot lately and I definitely think that the cruise will be just what the Dr. ordered. Have a great time and don't worry about a few pounds right now. They are not improtant. You will have fun when you get back and get started with all your new tapes. They will be like a breathe of fresh air. Again, have a super time and we'll look forward to your posts in October.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Hi Susan!

I had been thinking about you and if things were going well with you. I am terribly sorry that you lost your dad. I know this is a difficult time for you and your family. The cruise will be good for you and hopefully you can renew yourself and come back ready to face your new videos. I hope everything goes smoothly for you and gets back to the same old regular daily stuff.

Kelly

Since I checked in last I've lost another pound. It's slow but I actually feel good because it hasn't gone back up like it always does. Also over the last 2 months my fitness has improved to upper intermediate/low advanced.

Last week I had a good workout week and dug up some oldies, Rebook the Power Workout (6" step, tough & FUN) CherFitness (w/keli roberts) and Kathy Smith Abs (from the ab & thigh tape).

I'm off to Miami beach this Saturday and then a cruise Monday, yipee :-jumpy I plan to work out, have a spa treatment and not gain a pound.

My goal is to drop 2 dress sizes by December and lose 59 pounds by April 2002.

Susan

Just read your post. Sorry about your loss. I've been there
when I lost my Mom, and I can say for sure that love and laughter with family and friends and the passing of time truly do 'heal'.
Enjoy your cruise and we look forward to your return.

Crystal

Hey Crystal!!

So how many pounds does that total up to for you? You are doing so well. I hope you enjoy your trip and come back refreshed. We all need some refreshing from time to time.

Kelly

RE: Hey Crystal!!

Sadly, I haven't lost much.

I went back to my first post when we started this check-in in
January. I was 210. For many months I yo-yoed between 210 and 205 over and over. Now I'm just under 204. I could get depressed but it's pointless and in the past.

I started keeping an exercise log on April 25th and I've been exercising consistently for four months. I recognize that inconsistent nutrition has been the obstacle to my weight loss and I'm taking control. I will be 2 sizes smaller by January, period.

RE: Hey Crystal!!

Your great attitude is what is going to get you through this process. I am happy about your 6 pounds. Losing weight is so terribly difficult that you should be happy about your successes no matter how small they might seem. Sometimes just stopping the gaining is a big deal. I have wanted to get these last 10 pounds off since the first of this year but have been unsuccessful so you are doing a lot better than I am. It's great to set a goal like you have. I love to eat so I know how hard you are working to get these pounds off. Keep up your great work and we will be seeing a lot less of you come January, right? :)

Kelly

Crystal, don't be discouraged

Crystal,
6 pounds in four months is really good! When you lose weight slowly and consistently, you are more likely to keep it off for good. The same thing happened to me for the first several months after I started exercising consistently--I just stopped gaining at first and then started losing very slowly. Sometimes only 1-2 pounds per month. But the real accomplishment seemed to be how much better I felt and easier I could breathe, etc. Do you feel better? If so, I'd say you have really made progress.
Cruncholi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.