Weight loss

suzanneb

I need some good advice. I just received Cathes PowerHour, MIS, and Bodymax DVD for Christmas. These are the only Cathes that I have. I do have some other videos. (Firm, Taebo, Leslie Sansone, etc) I also have an elliptical trainer. I need a good weight loss rotation. I have about 50 pounds to lose. I have alot of body fat to lose, also. Thanks in advance for the help. I love this forum and I am looking forward to Cathes workouts.

S

I'll take a stab at it! From your other videos, it looks like you're working your way up from beginner/intermediate level. Is that right? What is your current rotation like? It's hard to suggest a new rotation without knowing what you do already. For example, if you''re doing two Leslie Sansone workouts a week and that's all, it would be too much of a jump to go into the rotation that I'm suggesting below. Work up to it if you need to (increase either intensity--by subbing a Cathe workout for one that you already have) OR frequency (by adding another day of a workout you already have) every two weeks or so, until you work into the followiing routine. This may be a rather conservative suggestion, but if at any time you think it's too much, then back off in intensity for a while.
I would suggest a 3day a week full body weight routine (you can start with 2, and make one of them a Firm you already have) to build lean muscle tissue and up your metabolism, coupled with 3 days a week of cardio (start with two, make one an easier one,like Leslie Sansone, and the second more intense, like Tae Bo).
As I said, build up to this slowly. It's a goal to reach for. Once you get there, you have the three total-body weight workouts on the Cathe DVD.

There are some good rotations on Fitnessfanatics.com. But remember that weight lose is about 85% diet and only 15% exercise so there's no magic rotation that will melt off the pounds. I lost 30 pounds from august to the beginning of december and I realized that as long as I got a consistent amount of exercise it didn't really matter what rotation I did as long as I ate a low calorie diet.

But in general, you could do about an hour of cardio interspersed between Cathe's strength tapes. When I do PowerHour and MIS, I usually do them two or three times a week with cardio in between.

Good luck!

What diet did you follow?? Please share your tips on losing 30 lbs. I would love to lose 20 lbs by ;my daughter's wedding on March 30th!! Please tell me how you did it!! Thanx :)

Linda

I didn't do anything special. Just ate a low calorie diet. I used Fitday.com to count calories everyday. I tried to eat low fat too (about 20% or so).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.