Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

Weider Olympic Barbell.....weight??? NEVER MIND

This is a discussion on Weider Olympic Barbell.....weight??? NEVER MIND within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; edited.....NEVER MIND! Figured I'd stop being lazy and just weigh the thing. My answer is it weighs 40#! Does anybody ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Cathlete
banslug's Profile Fields

Send a message via AIM to banslug
Default Weider Olympic Barbell.....weight??? NEVER MIND

edited.....NEVER MIND! Figured I'd stop being lazy and just weigh the thing. My answer is it weighs 40#!

Does anybody have an Olympic Barbell from Weider??? I'm wondering how much the barbell itself weighs. It's about 7.5 feet LONG....your traditional Olympic barbell. I know I can put it on my scale, but I thought I'd ask (sometimes it's more fun just to ask you all! LOL).

Anybody???

Gayle

"Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about the one's who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

Last edited by banslug; 03-28-2009 at 08:56 AM..
Old 03-28-2009, 09:01 AM
DeCathelete
Miss Lee's Profile Fields

Gayle, I'm not sure about the Weider, but the Olympic barbell at the gym where I used to work out weighed 45 lbs.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Lee View Post
Gayle, I'm not sure about the Weider, but the Olympic barbell at the gym where I used to work out weighed 45 lbs.
That's what mine weighs too!

Old 03-28-2009, 11:53 AM
DeCathelete
chefkate's Profile Fields

we have one but i hate how long it is...
i feel like im gonna take out half the room whn i turn around holding it!
Old 03-28-2009, 12:24 PM
DeCathelete
bayerngirl's Profile Fields

Gayle, I have a Weider Olympic Barbell and it weights 45 pounds! I love my BB! I use it every day!
Old 03-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Cathlete
banslug's Profile Fields

Send a message via AIM to banslug

It IS SUPER long, but I'm going to use it ONLY on my bench for chest presses. I'll continue to use my standard barbell for legs, triceps, back, biceps and shoulders.

I'll have to weigh my bar again. It came up at 40.4, 5 times that I weighed it! LOL

THANKS for all your replies!

Gayle

"Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about the one's who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."