Wedding dress bliss!!!

nkuangel

Cathlete
Hey all,

Yesterday I had such a wonderful day. I have already purchased my wedding dress for my wedding in June and it is beautiful, I mean I never thought that I would have found a dress that matches my personality so well.
Anyway, when I bought it it was very tight. It has a built in corset so it will always be tight but this was borderline may make me vomit tight. But we were still able to zip it up so I just knew that I would have to lose weight. Well yesterday I took my bridesmaids out to look for dresses and I brought my dress with me to try on again for my soon to be mother in law and the grandma's and as soon as I walked out they all started to cry. It was awesome! But to top that off the dress was much more comfortable, I had lost about 4.5 lbs and the woman that helped me with my dress the first time kept saying how well it fit and how great I looked. She noticed that I had lost weight! YEAH!! People in the store kept stopping and telling me what a beautiful dress it was, I could have stood in that store for hours.
Well, thats all just kinda wanted to relive yesterday because it was so friggin fabulous.
nkuangel

I can totally understand that! YOu must be so excited! When I got married 8 years ago, I was much heavier and I was not very happy about how I looked. Sometimes I wish I could do it again, but oh well. I am proud of you for losing weight! Every bit helps, doesn't it? June is coming up soon...keep us updated on the wedding!

Clarissa

As one of nkuangel's bridemaid's, I can attest to the fact that she looked "friggin' fabulous"!!! :)

I'm sorry I missed yesterday, I had to work, but I already know how beautiful you looked!

Keep up the good work--your hard work is paying off!

PS: have you started the X yet?

Your story made me smile. Thirty years ago, my mom and I went shopping for my wedding gown. I remember getting teary eyed with the very first one I tried on. It ended up being the one we bought. I wish you as happy a marriage as I have had.

Thanks everyone those were such sweet messages they all made me smile. I meant to bring my camera but forgot it but my mother in law brought hers and I am going to get her to email me the pics she took. I don't know how to post pictures on here so once I get them I will have to play around with it but will gladly post them!:7
Jen, no haven't started yet, tomorrow I will be finishing the rest of the fitness test at school where I have the equipment and after that then I will start tomorrow.
nkuangel

I recently purchased a wedding dress also and the trying on of the dresses is SO MUCH FUN! When you put it on and come out in your big, beautiful, poofy white dress and everyone ohhhhhhhhs and ahhhhhhhs over you. It's the greatest thing, most fun I have had in a long time.

When I finally found my dress, I was so excited because I love it, but also a little sad because I knew the dress shopping phase of the wedding planning was over.:-(

Oh, you must look so pretty! Please post the pics, I wish you much happiness!And congrads on losing those pounds.

I loved my dress, my 5th anniversary is coming up Jan 31st-yes, we tied the knot on New Years Eve.:7 Isn't the test something like, you are supposed to fit in your dress on your fifth wedding anniversary?

Or maybe that is just my self-imposed torture!:) Actually, it will fit quite nicely, as I seem to stay the same size-cannot wait to try it on now! I had it cut shorter, so its a very fancy "party dress" now, I loved it so much that I wanted to be able to wear it again.:)

hi nkuangel!

i am so happy for you! i would also love to see photos. i am getting married in two weeks and am having my dress made. i would love to post pictures, but someone here is going to have to help me with that area. i am 5-11 and at my height it is just too hard trying to find something to fit properly. it is a second wedding so my dress is not going to be traditional.

way to go on your dress. tell us what it looks like.

suri

Hey Suri,

I find that I really have a hard time describing my dress but here it goes. It is strapless with a sweet heart neckline and it has a satin very light blush pink band that runs all the way around the top and around my waist. The embroidery work follows underneath the pink satin band and above my waist line, it is embroidered with flowers that are same color as the dress which is a satin cream color. The same blush pink band runs around the bottom of the dress with the same embroidery work above the band. The train in bigger than what I had thought I would get but when it is straightened out it is so beautiful.
It is elegant but there is something so special about it, you know it was like it was just made for me.
When I talk to my mother in law I will ask her for the pics so that I can post them. It probably won't be till tomorrow so everyone stayed tuned and keep checking.
This is so much fun. I love that everyone is contributing a little story of their own. And thanks so much everyone for the sweet messages.
Tneah, I love the idea that you had your dress made into a party dress. It is not fair that we only get to wear it once!!
nkuangel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.