We made it through Frances!!!!

intensitylisa

Cathlete
;-) Why is all this bad luck following me since we moved to Florida? Well, I guess we can look at it as good luck as there were no fatalities that I am aware of! You would have never believed the traffic jams getting out of the east coast of Florida, unbelievable! It took us 3 hrs to go 30 miles! Luckily the storm diminished to a category 2 before making land fall! It is real amazing to see all the trees, power lines, road signs and mobile homes destroyed! Our apartment is fine! Just some minor tree damage, although our road is 80% blocked with a large tree that knocked out our power! As of right now we still do not have power and right now that is the toughest part for us! No food, ice, air conditioning, electric yikes! All is fine though! Thanks for your support!

I'm glad all is well Lisa! My grandma's sister lives in Orlando. All is well with her too, thank goodness!!!

Hang in there. Kind of looks like your area has been hit by a bomb doesn't it? Amazing the power of nature. Hope things will get better for your living conditions soon. You may want to start saving your money for a generator and gas cans. Glad to hear you are safe and sound!

Thank goodness that your home is safe and that no one was killed. Thank you for keeping us informed!

Kathy

Glad you fared well!!! We live in Hollywood, FL (October through May) and Tennessee in the summer, but DH had to go down last week to board up, and secure our place. We had some tree limbs down, but no water or wind damage at all.

Now we are waiting to see what Ivan will do. I can't wait until this hurricane season ends!

I noticed that you are from Corning...I'm originally from Seneca Falls!!! We are following each other around the country! Where in Florida do you live???

Renee

Excellent news! I'm glad you and your family made it through. Sorry about your lack of power.... that's got to suck. Hopefully, everything will get back on track very soon. Thanks for the update!!

Hey Lisa!! Glad to hear that you and yours are safe and sound. Sounds like you are living like pioneers, I'm sure you'll make the best of a very tough situation.
One of the consolation of these natural disasters is that we are reminded that at the end of the day what really matters isn't our 'stuff' but that those we love are safe and with us.
My wish for you is endless blue skies on the horizon, you've been through enough.

Take Care
Laurie:)

It is so good to hear from you Lisa. I have been wondering/worrying! I've been a mess with worry about both of my sisters in Florida. Read my reply to Clare's (clareMc) post titled, "Att: DebbieH" for their outcome. Glad you are safe. Big, big hugs to you and I hope your electricity comes back on very soon.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I am so glad for you Lisa!! What a terrible experience...:)...I'm happy you are able to let us know...my prayers are with your family still...:)...Carole

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.