warrior diet

kariev

Cathlete
has anyone ever heard of this or read the book? i got it out of curiosity yesterday. the premise is you basically undereat throughout the day and then overeat at dinner. you eat only fruits, veggies, pure veggie or fruit juice during the day and drink lots of water. then at night you eat until satisfied but have to follow this order: raw veggies first, then cooked veggies, then protein, then finish with fats or carbs. the book explains the scientific reasoning behind this whole way of eating. just wanted to know if any of you eat this way or have heard of it.

Undereating or overeating at any time is NOT good for you at any time.

When you undereat your body stores any cals you do get as fat.

My not-so-humble opinion would be to RUN from this book!!

The over eat/under eat thing sounds kind of hokey, but the rest of it kinda make sense. Lots of fruits/veggies, then protein, then fats. If you fill up on broccoli then chicken, there's less room for the butter covered bread and gravy (gag) laden mashed potatoes. Maybe read it, take what sounds sensible and work with that and ignore the rest. I know if I only ate fruits/veggies and some juice btwn 545 am and 630 pm, I'd pass out well before I even made it to dinner. I gotta have some protein (which can be plant based) and a little fat (can be plant based as well) in me or I am not going to make it. I'd be gnawing my own arm off. I'd also rather eat til "not hungry" a few times a day, than go from starving to "stuffed til bursting" as the book seems to be suggesting. But I haven't read it. Just my opinion based on the original post.

Nan

Who wrote this book? Never heard of it. It kind of sounds like a CR (calorie restriction) premise.

the authors name is Ori Hofmekler. I'm definately not going to try it b/c it doesn't seem like something i could follow. Just wanted to know if anyone has heard of it. They have a website too: www.warriordiet.com

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.