Wait'l you hear this one!

Clarissa

Cathlete
So, for weeks I have been excited b/c I got offered a job teaching group exercise - Boot Camp class. I just became certified in personal training (not group) but the guy at this gym said, "oh can you teach boot camp?" I reminded him i wasn't certifed in group but it was fine w/ him. So then just YESTERDAY he reminded me again that I start THIS friday the 7th at 5:30 pm.

Last night in passing, I found out from a friend that it would be wise to ensure that I would be covered under their insurance before I started. So I emailed them (that is their preferred contact) and heard nothing. So I called and no one returned my call all day. Then I went on their site this evening and just an hour prior they posted the December calendar - without my name on it. Actually they put some girl in my spot doing cardio abs. Uh, hello? Were you gonna tell me? I guess I ticked them off or something by asking a legitimate question?? I was really nice in my email so it wasn't like I turned them off, right? Did I do something wrong here?

I spent HOURS perfecting this program that I designed and 40 bucks on special group music. I am so devastated. It was gonna be my chance to get my name out there. My husband says I should just show up anyway to make them feel stupid, since they didnt' bother cancelling me officially.
:( Back to square one...
Clarissa

I would definitely seek more clarification. I can't see why they would dump you over a legitimate question. Perhaps there was some sort of communication problem on their end or clerical error or something.

If they did dump you over this, maybe you wouldn't want to work there anyway.

Keep us posted.

Maggie:)

Oh yuck, what awful behavior on their part! I say do whatever will make you feel better at this point!

PS You give some of the best advice on this board, you are so knowledgeable and upbeat. I have no doubt that you will get your name out there and turn your talents into a very lucrative and rewarding practice. Hang in there!

Part of me would want to know what they issue was but then again at least you know front up what kind of people you are dealing. Maybe it's best to leave it alone and find something else. You are very knowledgeable and something else will come along.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.