Vitamin B complex

A

amanda12485

does anyone take this as a supplement? I just bought some today because it sounds like it woul dbe a good supplement to take.
i have chronic constipation and thought this may be useful for that also, i bought one that has 100 mg of each b vitamin.
any input would be great, how it works for you.

This may sound like a dumb question but if you have chronic constipation what do you think the vitamin B pill will do that cannot be done more effectively by eating more vegetables/fresh fruit and drinking more water?

100 mg of each B vitamin is quite high! Unless you have a confirmed deficiency (blood test) and it is under the supervision of a qualified health care professional, 100 mg is too high, it is considered a therapeutic dose. Definitely not a dose that you want to take as a daily supplement.

http://www.acu-cell.com/bx2.html

It also depends on the quality of the vitamin. Personally, I believe that artifical / isolated vitamins are doing more harm than good. If you really think you have to take a vitamin look for one that is food based. New Chapter is a good brand that you can find online or most health food stores.

this is what web md says about the 100mg and it doesn't say anything about being too high doses
This product is a combination of B vitamins used to treat or prevent vitamin deficiency due to poor diet, certain illnesses, alcoholism, or during pregnancy. Vitamins are important building blocks of the body and help keep you in good health. B vitamins include thiamine, riboflavin, niacin/niacinamide, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, folic acid, and pantothenic acid.

How to use Vitamin B Complex-100 Oral
Take this medication by mouth, usually once daily or as directed. Follow all directions on the product package. If you are uncertain about any of the information, consult your doctor or pharmacist.

If you are taking chewable tablets, chew the tablet thoroughly before swallowing.

If you are taking a timed-release capsule or tablet, swallow it whole. Do not crush, chew, or break the capsule/tablet. Doing so can destroy the long action of the drug and may increase side effects.

If you are taking a liquid product, use a medication-measuring device to carefully measure the dose. Do not use a household spoon.

Take this medication regularly in order to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day.

WebMD only copies the information from the manufacturer's instructions for drugs, over-the-counter medications and vitamins.

But hey, if you think you need to take it and it benefits you, by all means!

This product is a combination of B vitamins used to treat or prevent vitamin deficiency due to poor diet, certain illnesses, alcoholism, or during pregnancy.
Do you have any of these conditions?
If it's the first, just improving your diet will help (with the possible exception of B12, which can be supplemented as an individual vitamin).

I also don't know of any reason why b vitamins would help with constipation.

b6 is supposed to be good for muscle tone in the intestinal wall and colon

i take Miralax daily now, can you take magnesium daily? does it soften the stool?

There are many causes of constipation. Most people are magensium deficient due to consuming too much calcium rich foods (which depletes magnesium). If you suffer from headaches and chronic constipation you might be deficient in magnesium. If magnesium causes loose BMs that's the sign that you are taking too much and you can lower the dosage.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.