Vintage Cathe

That is so funny. Cathe looks like she is 16. She has chubby cheeks. It looks like the girls are wearing thongs and does Cathe have on lace shorts? Does anyone know if that is Robert from the STS series? Thanks for sharing.

Jean

Love this blast from the past! I was contemplating downloading it since it's only $4.97, but I'm not sure if I would be actually working out or laughing instead :D.

Jean
Robert from STS??? That is TOO funny!!! Maybe you're right. I can't really see his face :confused:. That would be cool if it was. Not too many males seen in step workouts anymore...except for Gilad :D

Thanks for sharing!

Natasha

Earlier this year, I used Cathe as a topic for my Speech class. I showed a 20 sec clip from that youtube vid at the beginning of the speech and at the end showed Cathe in STS cranking out pull ups on the tower. It was cool watching the jaws drop. : )

Interesting to see that power 15s were there, right from the start. Hmmmmmm.

I'm glad the Power 15s have lived on, and definitely relieved that some of those other moves are long gone! Cathe's choreography has certainly evolved for the better! Also, I think Tamilee Webb had identical hair and wore an identical outfit in the original Thighs of Steel! I've always thought that those outfits would be terribly uncomfortable to work out in, particularly the thong-style bottom. :eek:

And Marazoe, that was not Robert from STS. IIRC, Cathe did a fitness pro casting call prior to STS, and STS was Robert's first time working with Cathe.

Faithnveggies said:
Earlier this year, I used Cathe as a topic for my Speech class. I showed a 20 sec clip from that youtube vid at the beginning of the speech and at the end showed Cathe in STS cranking out pull ups on the tower. It was cool watching the jaws drop. : )

That's just awesome...certainly shows her professional and personal fitness evolution. :)

Oh my goodness!! who is the funky dude in the back!!! He is really into it and cracking me the heck up!!!:D

This is terrific! I especially enjoy that gentleman in the back....bless him he is just hoppin and boppin right along. :D

Hey Hey Now!! I lived those years -- those outfits, the hair styles were great! We have come a long way, like many things in life. Not a laughing matter, that was good exercise! :)

I remember the first time I went to the gym. They had one of those machines with a belt the jiggled the fat away -- NOW that is funny! :p

Stepping was and is very cooool! :cool:

Eeek - I actually had some of that workout gear - I remember little bottoms over the spandex shorts, the scrunchy socks, high tops and scrunchies :) Hmm, wonder what we'll be laughing at in the next 20 years... Wonder if I will still be working out at 69 ;)

Eeek - I actually had some of that workout gear - I remember little bottoms over the spandex shorts, the scrunchy socks, high tops and scrunchies :) Hmm, wonder what we'll be laughing at in the next 20 years... Wonder if I will still be working out at 69 ;)
Absolutely!! And I'll be right there with ya! :)

In fashion, what goes around usually comes back around. (I'm sure Tim Gunn would have a pithier way of saying that). I predict that the styles will come back, but only once anyone who ever wore it the first time will be unable to wear it again -and with some sort of twist. Maybe thongs over tattoos? : O

I wish I would have started with Cathe way back during this period and kept with her for the past 23 years. I can't even imagine that awesome condition I'd be in! The last 2 years I've been working out as a "Cathlete" have been the best fitness years I've ever had! :D

I still do plenty of Cathes older workouts, I love em all!!!! The style of the times is nostalgic and no matter what they get my heart pounding and sweat pouring!!! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.