VF ?

jdifischer

Cathlete
I have seen a few posts on the Cathe board that over at VF they seem to bash her quite a bit.

Is there truth to that?? When I went to look all I could find is that people think her workouts are over the top or too hard. Is this what they are referencing to? What board are they on?

Just curious - thanks to whoever can enlighten me on this.

Dawn

I think the "bashing" is all in the interpretation. I haven't seen any posts bashing Csthe. Posts complaining about customer service, posts complaining about crappy chapter points and premixes in some HC workouts, posts complaining about the way presales are handled, yes, but these are all complaints about a business, not about Cathe herself.

While a very few posters questioned the wisdom of continuing to preorder from a company that has a rather 'customer unfriendly " (aside from the price break) method of conducting presales, I think some people are a bit too defensive when it comes to Cathe.

Interesting enough, since VF is often accused of "Cathe bashing," there are two polls on VF about "who is your favorite instructor" and "what instructor did you spend the most time with this year," and Cathe is tops on both lists! Any perceive "bashing" has certainly not been a detriment to her business, or to people using her workouts (and if you think about it, the more time you spend with an instructor, the more things you may see to complain about).

I don't see any more bashing of Cathe there than I do HERE. There seem to be so many threads lately complaining about the wait on the new workouts. That's all I've ever seen over there too really.

Amongst all the criticisms of Cathe being over the top or too hard, surely you caught more than an occassional praise for her...then again maybe not. I like Cathe's workouts, but I don't get involved in the threads where the complaints run to "where are the updates" or cs issues, mostly because I don't have problems with either issues (updates or cs). These folks have valid complaints mainly and while sometimes it seems to go on and on, you have to keep in mind many of these are long-time fans of Cathe. They're the people who helped make her what she is today. They felt let down with the Hardcore sound issues and the way SNM handled their complaints. Let's face it, Cathe has set a standard that is quite high and even she can fall short at some point.

Also, if you look at threads on other workout companies, say Beachbody or Goodtimes (aka Gooftimes!), you'll see Cathe doesn't have the reputation they have in the first place. People sort of expect to have cs issues with these companies...and some of them have been doozies!!!

Cathe has a loyal following over at VF. But even though of us who are loyal to our favorite instructors will call them on the carpet whenever we feel let down. BTW, if you check out the threads on "favorite instructors", what instructor people spent the most time with, and I think there are a few others, you'll find Cathe mentioned A LOT!

This thing about VF people loving to bash Cathe is just a myth, maybe one of those urban myths:)

i think its folks with strong opinions of their dislikes for certain workouts. and some who dislike the pre-ordering process. i never pre-ordered so i didn't know what to expect but cathe has been at this for awhile so i won't fret for now. when it gets to mid-janurary or february without any updates then i will complain LOL

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

>I don't see any more bashing of Cathe there than I do HERE.
>There seem to be so many threads lately complaining about the
>wait on the new workouts. That's all I've ever seen over there
>too really.

Complaining about lack of updates and asking about delays isn't "bashing," which is a term I think people throw around all too easily, and incorrectly. "Bashing" would be much more of a personal attack on Cathe than any posts I recall seeing, here and elsewhere.

Not liking something and expressing one's opinion is not "bashing."

Being annoyed at the not-well-thought-out preorder process is not "bashing."

And maybe the numerous complaints you've seen about the wait on the new workouts means there's something wrong with the system?

I know of several people who cancelled their SNM preorder and preordered from TLT instead (a preorder that was announced AFTER the workouts were filmed, and which is shipping within 1 1/2 months of that annoucement...a much better-thought-out preorder system, IMO).

v. intr. Informal
To engage in harsh, accusatory, threatening criticism.

From dictionary.com. I guess it depends on what your idea of bashing is. Some of the complaining posts have been all of the above IMO

There are some folks on VF who say they won't do Cathe for various reasons. Some of them are pretty vehement about it. They aren't in the majority though, and to each his own.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.