Valerie on Oprah!

KristaO

Cathlete
Valerie was on Oprah yesterday... she is so candid! My husband is a huge Van Halen fan so he actually watched it with me. She looks wonderful. Do you actually think its all Jenny Craig? sometimes with these celebrities, you have to wonder if they loose weight so easily cause of their money, i.e., personal chiefs, time to workout... blah, blah, blah. Anyway, I really enjoyed seeing her, might even pick up her book.

I watched that Oprah episode yesterday too. I have always liked Valerie and my hubby is a Van Halen fan too. I don't know. But, I think celebrities have a slight advantage with chefs and personal trainers. I also think that her very public weight battle kept her accountable for her weight loss. She had to do it since everyone was waiting and watching her progress..Her book does sound interesting. She was really candid and open about everything..

"But, I think celebrities have a slight advantage with chefs and personal trainers........."

We all think that at times, but we have to look no further than Oprah herself to see that all the money in the world does not make weight loss and maintenance any easier. She's struggled forever in front of the whole world.

I agree cakebaker - although they do sometimes have the chefs and the PTs, they sometimes have even crazier schedules and ultimately, they still have to do the work. The best chef and trainer and all the time in the world mean nothing if you're not willing to do the work and you want to eat McDs everyday. And, of course it's not all Jenny Craig - that may have been her food source, but she didn't lose 40 pounds by just changing what she ate. She had to do the exercise, too (something those damn tv commercials consistently fail to leave out)

Thanks for that heads up about the show. I so miss watching my favourite TV programmes; its pretty much Oprah online for me. I love the clip where she showed the inside of her fridge. Hey, hands up those of you who'd love for Cathe to do a video clip of what's inside HER fridge :7

Good point on the crazy schedules NY25. You're right on that!

I would love to see inside Cathe's fridge!! That would be fun..

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.