Usual Cellulite Thread Question

Pippadog1

Cathlete
Hi

Yes its another one of those cellulite issues again lol. I'm eating clean exercising every day 6 days a week and also I do yoga in the evening sometimes power, sometimes yin depending how I feel. I've lost alot of weight and I am pleased with the results. Let me start by saying that I am extremely grateful for my health and ability to have made the achievements I have made so far.

I am a pear, when I lose weight my waist and chest are the first to go and my hips are the last. I've dropped a size in trousers and feel good. But the dreaded cellulite stays there and I think I would not ever feel happy in a swimming costume, showing my thighs. I am trying dry brushing and moisturising and I've read all the stuff about cellulite being just fat and all of Cathes posts on it, but I just can't seem to get my head round it lol.

I do the squats, deadlift till the cows come home, lunge, do bridges. I've been doing them for years. However it still exists like a saggy bag lol.

I've wondered maybe the missing link is using the hamstring machines at the gym that enable your legs to left heavier weights. I tend to avoid gyms and enjoy working out at home. Also I know the advantages of using barbells/dumbells to utilise the core etc. So I tend to avoid the gym. However looking at these fitness/ body buiding types they don't seem to have cellulite, so maybe the gym is the answer. I am really confused.

I don't want to be petty and I am not going to lose sleep over cellulite, but it really would be nice to think there was some way round this. My mom (who has passed away) was built very much like me tall, slim on top and bigger on the hips. My gran used to say Laura, you'll never be slim, your mom wasn't slim and your dad wasn't slim lol. Thanks nan lol but I think she was right (again).

Laura
x

Laura,
Don't despair!
This is a great article:
The Dirty Little Secret of the Female Athlete: Cellulite | Breaking Muscle
Even those 'body builder types' have it! From my own experience, I reckon blood flow to the area helps - as soon as I gave up my desk job, and started being active all day (just pottering around, really) the appearance of my cellulite improved. In fact, I don't think of myself as having any (although, if I squeeze my thigh, I can see it :eek: ). Kick boxing and other forms of excercise which get the lower body's circulation really pumping seem to work for me.

I agree that it's tricky to do some heavy weight excercises at home. Glute thrusts / bridges work well with a heavy BB for the backs of the legs, though.

Good luck x

I've come to the conclusion that the only thing that will work is a great tan.

:rolleyes:

any ideas for a healthy self tanner?

The only exercise that ever worked was Tracy Anderson, but then I never really lifted heavy.

112toguru.....that was cute! Maybe spanx too!

Seriously though, it is a problem for many women and size DOES NOT MATTER! We all work so hard at this and still are plagued with trouble spots. Personally speaking, I have found that the "Rock bottoms" rotation helped me. It takes longer to get all aspects of the workout into a daily schedule but I split it up when time was an issue, doing am and pm sessions. You really work the lower body hard and you will see results.

I mention size because I am kind of petite and I am burdened with those blasted saddle bags!! Thanks for that DNA Mom!!! With the warmer weather I am again wearing booty shorts when wking out.....I have mirrors.....there's no hiding the jiggle. :eek: I call them the twins! They follow me everywhere! They have cousins too.....inner knee pudge.:mad:

I have been thinking of doing the "bonus butt wkout" section of the rock bottoms rotation along with whatever wkout Im doing that day, with the shorts and skirts making an appearance.

Please know that you are not alone...as Cathe has said "we're in this together"

Last edited:
Yes, we all have to deal with cellulite, to our dismay. My sisters and I found that walk, run intervals helped immensely, along with heavy weights. Good luck.

Hi

Thanks for the replies. Well I've just been to see a dermotologist about another issue with DH and I quickly asked him about cellulite. He said it was just fat like any other fat and dry brushing is pointless. He said cosmetic surgery was possible to improve the skin area. But he said exercise was good and helped the underlying muscle shape, but basically its genetic.

So I said I've been throwing my legs all over the place for no reason and he said basically yes. Exercise and diet will improve muscle but if your predisposed to storing fat in that area, the only answer is surgery.

Great lol

Laura

PS But I will continue this month with the rock bottoms rotation that I started yesterday lol. Also I've just watched the Jessica youtube clip and its really hit home. Hey lifes way too short to worry about dimples. I too will celebrate "my twins" lol.

Last edited:
I just don't believe Jillian Michaels has cellulite, but she does wear the capris, and she's a parent now, so......

:p

This is why I love Jessica! Her posting about celluitle will help a lot of people. Jessica is right…life is to short! I never see Jillian in shorts:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.